This topic contains 96 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Danny Lundy Danny Lundy 3 years, 10 months ago.

Baltimore – 2011

• Profile photo of Danny Lundy

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of athanas

until this very moment, the phrase “wookie rape” has never been used in my vocabulary.

Profile photo of GJ

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of Jason Williamson

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

that I have ever heard about. I have heard all sorts of stories about them and Im going to check one out eventually!
    [flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

Profile photo of athanas

Now the rolling of the pennies begins!

I’m going to try and get to Dragon*con. That is in Atlanta and is an easy drive.

Profile photo of

That’s mandatory clothing for all of us, actually.

Profile photo of Scott "Big Fish" Pond

The last time I drank too much I woke up stuffed into Kali’s car trunk, dressed in a Princess Laia outfit, and strangely smelling of peppermint…

Fool me once, shame on me… fool me for the 42nd time…

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

Hence why I’m bringing my finger body paint set. I think “Creative Body Painting” is one of the early events…

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

I haven’t had 500 hundred dollars to my name for a long long time. One day I will have to check out a con but it wont be this year. You all better take lots of pictures for the rest of us to see!

But it is just not feasible. For me. :(

Profile photo of Pons Matal

Balticon is a kinder gentler Con when compared to say, Dragon*Con. Its a slower paced with more person to person interaction during the Con. You get a chance for quite a few one-on-one conversations with all the attendees. I think you will have a great time!

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Thrice Over!

Hotel is reserved for Siglerfest and the whole damn con… registering for the con itself tomorrow.

Just need to figure out how I’m getting there (Drive, Plane, or AmTrack).

This will be SOOOOO cool…. it’s my first con, so please be gentle…

Profile photo of GJ

Sorry to dissapoint.

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

….. enlightened/civilized than us Yanks. Oh well.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

Apparently I posted a new one. DOH!

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
  • Profile photo of Pons Matal

Just all awesome!

Profile photo of James Keeling

I can’t wait… This is going to be the best weekend ever…. ever….. maybe…..

hhhmmm… SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient! Double Dipper and Triple Threat! All-around uberjunkie!

Profile photo of GJ

my parents waxed lyrical about not hitting girls but would then let my brother drag me down the stairs by my hair and smash my face of the floor.. or punch me in the face for ‘looking at him the wrong way’ or locking me in my room for just being ‘annoying’ many many more things happened and it got too scary for me. I’d pretend I was tough and that he didn’t scare me, but in truth, he really did. I moved out at 14 (lied about my age and took a singing job on a cruise ship across the north sea) as it was all too much for me. I have a fear of violence because of my early years… so I agree that you should be able to, but I’m just a bit tainted by my past.

As for the men can sleep with who they like, but a woman is a slut… that has always *issed me off. I think it *isses all women off. All we can do is raise out children to think differently as I believe it’s generational conditioning.

Profile photo of GJ

What I meant was.. I grew up with 2 brothers, I have 2 sons and I work with men

…..made inured you to the minor pains of a bit of rough and tumble?

I was just curious. My mom raised me not to initiate any sort of physical altercation with anyone, but not to shy away from hitting a woman simply because she was female. She was a hard core ERA activist. I’ve found that it’s not a very popular stance among the general populous.

I loathe double standards so I tend to point them out when I see them. One of the worst is sexual promiscuity (at least in America. Not sure about Europe/UK). A male sleeps with 100 women, he’s a hero; A female sleeps with 100 men, she’s an unclean slut. WTF is up with that? Sex is sex. If done responsibly, it can be one of the most pleasurable recreational activities, regardless of gender. Then again, America has held onto much of our Puritanical founding principles. Murder and violence are fine during prime time, but heaven forbid we have a nip slip during the Super Bowl!

As far as the Random Thread goes, it’s one I generally don’t frequent. That, CH2, and S&N get far too much traffic for me to keep up with. I generally only check in every day or three so those threads typically have 50-250 new comments each. I don’t have time to peruse that much new material. If you want to talk smack about me, that’s a good place to do it Wink

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

———————————————————-

Comments related to a particular post get indented (to a point).

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of athanas

I can’t tell either, but the way it’s set up now makes it funny as hell.

Profile photo of BigJohn

Is shady’s comment above related to the discussion above it? I can never tell how these threads are organized…

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Profile photo of Belladonna420

I think if the girl really deserves it, she’s fair game. Granted, I’m not talking about hauling off and punching her square in the chops, but I see nothing wrong with a firm slap across the face.

I also think it remains unacceptable simply because men are usually much larger and stronger than women… USUALLY. But to me, that’s no different than a 225 lb bully beating up on a 125 lb weakling…

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

Profile photo of GJ

Here – personally, I think no. They are genetically stronger so it’s not fair (only because I might get hurt Cry)

If the sexes are equal now, why does it remain unacceptable in modern culture for a gentleman to strike a lady?

I’m curious to see what Siglerites think of this. Yes, I ask odd questions.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

I wouldn’t bet on it.

[flickr-photo:id=5328397791,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of GJ

you can Borrow BigJohns Manicorn outfit

Profile photo of GJ

will do thier best to entertain you all! – wait- did anyone hire a trampoline for them?

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

Plus, we’re actually getting a 2-room suite, a King bed and a sofa bed for out kid (not sure what she’s going to do during NC-17 Junkie time, but she’s really excited about Balticon) To me, that’s not a long walk – heck if you consider how much walking between the hotels at Dragon*Con, this is pretty easy. But for others, calling seems like a good thing to try.
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

To protect the not-so-innocent…
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

…..having computer difficulties as of yesterday. I called the 800# and the guy there had no problem giving me the Balticon discount for all four nights I’m staying. That was even with his computer telling him that the discount block was “sold out” of the discount block for 5/26. And, like I said, if you’re getting two beds, the discount is only $1.95/night.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of BigJohn

When i checked on the website, it gave an even more expensive rate for the last day. Monday night, I think.

———————————————————-

I’m betting there will be quite a bit of recording going on, though.

———————————————————-

I know I’d hate being a half mile away. There’s numerous reasons to stay at the convention center if you can swing it. I strongly recommend you give them a ring. Isn’t it worth an extra $21 to not have to drive/cab/stumble after partying? You can also run up to your room midday as often as you like.

Just sayin….

———————————————————-

They gave me the discounted rate even though they were “sold out” of the discounted block for 5/26. I’d bet they’d do the same for you if you’re staying the extra nights. I think it’s well worth $7 extra/night to stay at the convention center.

If you’re getting the room with two double beds, the regular rate is $136.95. The room with a king size bed is $146.95 full price. Our discount isn’t magnificent, especially if you want two beds.

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

Last year was a learning experience. This year I’ve been going backwards from most difficult to easiest:

1. Find roommate
    2. Figure out transport to & from the airport – amazing how much information there is on Baltimore’s light rail online.
    3. Reserve hotel room
    4. Get plane tickets
    5. Register for the convention. I’m going to pay this year regardless of whether I was going to get invited. That may free up an extra invite for someone else. I got one last year.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

After a night of Junkie debauchery we’ll be lucky to have any clothing left as we stumble back to our lair!

Profile photo of GJ

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren &
    [flickr-photo:id=5328397791,size=m]

Profile photo of GJ

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=5328397791,size=m]

It’s .4 miles. So depends on how far you can stumble. We could all hold hands and make a chain of drunken Junkies (or conga line) back to the hotel if need be.

Profile photo of Wolf

(for the record, that was an extremely macho squee!)

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

Husband of Susan,

Friend of Junkies everywhere

Profile photo of BigJohn

Or, more accurately, stumble?

Profile photo of GJ

To punch you on the arm.

thanks for the heads up
    UPDATE: Actually ended up reserving at Embassy Suites North/Hunt Valley very close by. On travelocity it was $128/night. We’ll be there Thurs. and leave on Sunday. Can’t wait to meet all my fellow Junkies.

£££££££££
    ¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢¢
    ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
    €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
    ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

What’s this? He can be taught……

———————————————————-

…and I was too damn lazy to check the interwebs. GJ was lazy about looking up words. It’s only fair Tongue out

And I like simmering, damn it!!! Looking forward to seeing y’all in May!

———————————————————-

I just made mine, and the discounted block for Balticon is already sold out for 5/26 (SiglerFest night). Plenty left for the actual con though. Junkies rule!!!!!!!!

If you call rather than do it online, they may be able to knock it down for you if you’re doing the whole con. They did for me. Not that there’s a big difference when you’re sharing a room w/someone.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of J.P.

both you and del…my illustrious “baby sitters.”

Profile photo of J.P.

Simmer down, take a breath, and read your tech manual. Or check the weberenet for all the cool tricks. Look what I can do, all from one computer with one keyboard that only has a USD currency key on it: $$$$$$$$$$ ££££££££££ ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ €€€€€€€€ ₮₮₮₮₮₮₮₮ ₣₣₣₣₣₣ aaaaaaand… oh hell, this is boring. (Stop picking on the ladies. It always gets you in trouble.)

same wedding. I just brought it up way back when we first started discussing possible dates for the event. Unfortunately, she hasn’t called off the wedding yet…..

Profile photo of GJ

Shift and 4 for me $$$$$ £££ $$$

Maybe I should send you a uk keyboard for your birthday!

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of GJ

But it’s true, Bella has more than one friend :)

Do you actually have one or do you have to ALT+ or CTRL+ somehow to do fancy currency symbols?

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

I do have a dollar key $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ok? now you can sleep tonight $$$$$$$$$$$$ or go back and edit my post. You’re good at that.

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

Laughing

Profile photo of GJ

I think we will just have to live through it via the tweets!

I hadn’t gotten to the Fix yet. I spent most of Friday under the sink installing a new faucet.

Profile photo of Meg Marshall

Over $3500 for me. Unless I win the lottery between now and then, it’s not likely I’ll be putting in an appearance. (But if I *do* win the lottery, I’ll buy you a ticket as well, GJ!)

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

…for Junkiecon? Is it just befor Balticon or is going to be during?

Do they make different keyboards for each country or what (ie [shift-4 = currency character]? It’d be silly for y’all to have a $ key, just as we have no pound key. Things that make you go hmmm……

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of GJ

£2300 USD!

That’s me outta the game!

I still need to frakkin’ call the hotel, dammit!

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Danny Lundy

We could always crash at your house. I’ll bring my Gator stuff. :D

Profile photo of Wolf

Comes in a distant fourth.

Siglerfest

Junkie-con

Wolfpack Prowl

Husband of Susan,

Bunch of drunk Junkies crashing in sadock’s room!

Profile photo of Rich Bennett

There is just no way I can be there. I will be there in Spirit but not in person. I hope everyone that goes has a wonderfull time. I hope the first Junkiecon is a great sucess….Richno3 Out

[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

I’m gonna look into it!

Wink

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Wolf

You do know that some of us aren’t above a little Felonious Fun!!!

Husband of Susan,

Starts Friday morning thru Sunday. You might want to book a hotel room now, it’s much more fun to be able to stay late and hang with the late-night crowd.

is in September right? That I could probably swing!

I’ll be there, A will be there… Bella you owe it to yourself to come, especially if you miss out on JunkieCon.

Gonna have to make it to SiglerFest tho…. might have to sleep in my van…. down by the river.

come abduct me! At least it’d be a legit excuse! I was so looking forward to meeting all of you face to face finally! Oh well… next time.

And there will be a next time!

But I can totally understand your choice, friendships are very important! :)

Profile photo of Kate Cheevers

Or will she be totally surprised if a hoard of junkies comes to abduct you. Tongue out Just kidding – you will be sorely missed, but I hope you have a great time at your friend’s wedding! When is that sistren meet-up again??

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Kate Cheevers

Great news!! I *SO* can’t wait to meet you!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I WON’T be going… Cry

I just can’t miss my friend’s wedding that weekend. As much as I did contemplate going, I would never be able to forgive myself if I wasn’t there for her.

Cant wait to see you there! :)

Profile photo of GJ

No jokes about those ‘things called planes’ as those things cost money that I don’t have to ride on them :)

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=s]

Profile photo of Wolf

Ladies, gentleman & Junkies! Prepare yourselves for The Event of a Lifetime!

In a very rare showing on planet Earth, Wabash Wolfpack Head Coach Alan Roark will be making a personal appearance in Baltimore, Maryland, USA on the weekend of May 27-29. Autographs and photo ops will be free, but you had better book your hotel rooms early. Apparently, word of his arrival has leaked out and now it’s damned near impossible to get a room in the Baltimore area that weekend.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.