This topic contains 101 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of J.P. J.P. 5 years ago.

Avast!

In the name of Long John Silver’s Parrot…today, the 19th of Sept, be International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
    How is it that ye scurvy dogs have overlook’d this day?! Let all hope abandon, ye who enter here!!

As a pirate at heart, I cannot afford such an assault on me dignity, so load the cannon, an’ tell Gmork how ye celebrated this fine holiday? An’ remember to do it in ye best pirate-speak or it’s the plank fer ye (or a right nasty keelhaulin’ for the worst of ye)!!

Argh me hearties!

(an’ if ye don’t know any pirate-speak, than just give me a Yarrr!)

Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

I Battled the Kraken this very day! and I um…..lost (that fuckers huge!)

oh yea Yarrr! ;P   (<—– that smileys not winkin, he be missin an eye)

Assassins do it from behind

Aye, it be a fun day, talkin’ like a pirate. This bonnie lass is going ta go enjoy her grog.

Yarrrr matey and all that.

Some things be naturally associated with each oth’r.  Pirates an’ the humble squid be a rare fine example … indeed, for every mother’s son who calls yerself pirate there is a squid that wants ‘em dead.

It burdens me heart t’ think of the eternal struggle b’tween pirates an’ squid because of th’ futility of th’ struggle.  Neither party can win yet they still fight on. Truly a sad tale.

This salty dog be mightily impressed with ye pirate-talking skills!!

I’ll be taking back all th’ times I called ye a whelp.

Aye, I be a bonnie lass as well…

It warms me heart like rum warms me belly, t’ hear thar be other she-pirates in these forums!!

(An’ lash me to the mast and call me Polly…yer new haircut looks mighty fine!)

th’mselves pirates! arrr! gimmie a roung o’ grog!
    Check out http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html

Avast ye scurvy dog. I can’t be havin me any o’ that grog. Lets go piligen’. (don’t know if that is pirate speak)

G-Man

When life gives you lemons, make applesauce. -Angelica Pickles

hell if it taste like chicken,bring me chicken!

rodney carigton

Ghetto Pirate. arrr…yo

BUT WHERES ME WENTCHES

rodney carigton

Can you teach me to speak Pirate.  You do it so well – speak pirate that is.  I have to watch out for n8man.

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howto.html

I was in Georgia visiting my younger older Bro and missed it completely. I should be keel-hauled…

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I’ll have a witty and blistering retort! You’ll be devastated THEN!

Avatar of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBYKdH3gmQU

check that shit out! here’s my channel

By the way, Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

i was just talking like a pirate for talk like a pirate day. but if you think about it, wouldn’t a real ninja go undercover to sabatoge the pirates by acting like them? sneaky bastards, ninjas are…

but what did you think of the video?

How do you get “ninja” out of his screen name? Dweeb.

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

I’m two days late, but doin’ my best to make up fer lost time. Been takin’ care of some serious piratin’, not to mention my pirate lass and the little pirate. We be callin’ him “the rat” fer short. So I missed talk like a pirate day, but it’s not fergotten. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar…

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

His screen name has ‘Narutard’ in it, derived from being a fan of ‘Naruto’, which is a japanese animation about ninjas. I know this because I’m a fan of it too :D

any chance to pick on n8… BTW, a few more CH’s coming your way soon!

True, but I’m very nitpicky about weird things. And thanks!

I liked it.

G-Man

When life gives you lemons, make applesauce. -Angelica Pickles

That seem to disappear later. I was nothing that would be deleted. Must happen everyonce in a while I quess.

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I’ll have a witty and blistering retort! You’ll be devastated THEN!

rodney carigton

i read that stuff when i was a kid, and a lot of my friends are into it(oh. i never posted this)

here is one n8

where from dude

whats this?" that …. that is a ninja weapon. 

rodney carigton

Thar’s nuthin’ more a pirate loves than treasure an’ so I’ve claimed yer posts as me booty.  When I am done swashin’ me buckle and bucklin’ me swash, then I shall return them.

Yarr!

Now, this be the ulimate dedication to the celebration of talk like a pirate day.

Now, good night, Supreme Narutard, good work….most likely kill ye in the mornin’!

Arrr…the whelp does give a good link to reference pirate-speak, but in me humble opinion, it come down to practicin’.  So start off small.  Here’s an example…if yer asked what ye did this weekend…tell ‘em ye went to a yaaarrrrrr-d sale.  Work it in to yer daily conversations.

Also click here for a nice wiki on how to TLAP

Best of luck on yer journey to be a better pirate!

but I prefer Naruto: Shippūden   ;P

Got my posts taken by the pretty pirate lass. You can have my booty anytime! Oh hell, I did it again. That didnt come out the way I meant it to…   :)

the show has become nothing more than the new dragon ball z

not saying a word……
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

and me be’un on one peg, and me good foot was mashed by akeg o rum, it took me 3 days ta get here. so Harrr!
    and I kept the ofending keg and yer all to have a mug of  it  raised to the FDO and we’ll tie the unbelievers to the yardarms after they been keelhauled.
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

Cause they Arrrrgghhh!!

Ye statement of dual meaning got an ole fashion’d belly laugh outta me Laughing

Please, please, PLEASE! Esplane yerself.

(shudder) 

"In remission for 33 days. YeeHaw!"

Aargh! 

I got me hook stuck in me pegleg! 

Than getting you hook stuck in your Pirate privates! Arrr!, careful wit yer itchin your scurvy seadog!

aaarrrrggg lubbers are a must

rodney carigton

You tasted? 

"In remission for 34 days. YeeHaw!"

ye be so subtle, me parrot took off fer land
    Me wonders if anyones elses gots it……

And I’m not even gonna ask the all too obvious and way too sick question that should follow. You do it!! 

Good job, n8. YOU DWEEB.

You got some splainin’ to dooooo!

ROFLMAO!!!

I’ll be here all week. Drive safely and don’t forget to tip your waitress. 

In an effort not to incriminate myself in any manner by the mis-elucidation of the wording of my previous posting. That and I dont want to come across as a dirty old man!

You would rather that our imaginations come up with a reason for you to be offering up your booty and you think it would be preferable to taken for a dirty old man? Not smart, dewd!

It may lead to some extremely entertaining conjecture and fanciful story telling. It may even be more fun than a barrel of monkeys creating hours and hours of entertainment. Then again maybe just a post or two at my expense! :)

why? does she need to fall over for some reason?? or is she just leaning and needs to be straightened (but if she’s gay, then she needs no straightening, she is just fine if she leans that way)

If ye don’t know any pirate speak than just gimme a arrgh, rawr, or a yaarrrr!

bbbbblllllluuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh

rodney carigton

Did you say, “she blows”? Oh gawd… my side hurts! Can’t breath…

– “The adverb is not your friend.” -Stephen King, “On Writing”

Just look at all the postings in this thread. C’mon n8, pay attention.

A man see’s a Pirate standing on a corner. He looks like the typical Pirate except for one thing, he has a steering wheel attached to the crotch of his pants. The man walks up to the Pirate and say’s "You have a steering wheel on your crotch!" and the Pirate replies, are you ready?, "Arrr! And its drivin me NUTS!  Told you It was corny, but I got chuckle out of it…..

“I can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

It’s thee leviathan that I be referencing not the servicin’ of pleasurable company!

it’s corny but funny!

My boy let loose with a funny joke this morning. It was a poopy joke. And corny too. If you know what I mean… (Sorry Shadygirl. I get this way when the boy and I hang out together…)

You be talkin’ ’bout thee leviathan. That snapped thee ol’ mind right out of th’ gutter. I’m reachin’ out with my deep and genuine sorrow, and askin’ ye for yer forgiveness, my fangy, Gmorky lass. Aaarrrrrrr. My head’s a hangin’ low…

Thats great JP!! Nothing like a poopie and corny pun! :)

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

It’s gonna be BAAAAAAAAAAAD. Yeah! It’ll be man time. We’re gonna do man stuff.

and sitting in the stall. I heard several other people come in and (as is supposed to be the case in the men’s room), silence ensued. (Gals, unlike in the lady’s room, there’s no talking in the men’s room.) After a short moment of silence, I blurted out, “CORN! When did I eat corn?!) The attempts at muffling the chuckles was priceless…)

We have two remote controls, a full box of Cheerios, and a couple of tupperware bowls. We’re in like flynn! (So to speak. But in actuality, I assure you, I allude to nothing of a sexual nature.)

G-Man

Rich man gets off work, then buys stereo. Not after f***ing brunch! – Mooj

You just have to have tons and tons of understanding and patience!

One thing about us Men is that when left with our younger counterparts, whether child, relative or acquaintance. Instead of passing on some of the wisdom aquired by age. We tend to revert back to our younger less refined ages. And boy, its wonderful!

You said "pleasurable"!  Tongue out

Got it…you’ll need gin when you return….lot and lot of gin!!!

:)

We’re gonna sit on the couch in our boxers, with one hand in our pants, the other holding remote controls, and we’re going to continuously flip between Spike TV, MTV and that German channel I can’t understand. Then, we’re going to scratch a little, then have a 007 Bond-a-thon in Digital Dolby 5.1. Then we’re going to drink some Coke and think about what we’re going to do for the other 5 1/2 days. And boy will probably fart. I’ll giggle. We’ll high-five. And I’ll make sure the boy vacuums at least once. If he doesn’t know how, I’ll demonstrate by vacuuming the cat. (We’re going to miss you, Shadygirl!)

A few weeks ago at school, I went to the restroom in the middle of class. As I walking up to a urinal, I noticed the urinals flanking the open one were occupied. I unzipped and after a few seconds, the guy to my left asked me if I wanted to sing a song. The guy on my right then proceeded to sing "Do you believe in magic?".

Sometimes it’s funny, if someone’s in a stall and breaks wind… wait just a second or two, then emphatically ask, “Did anyone hear what that asshole said?” (A classic.) The other thing I’ll do, post wind breakage, is declare, “Now that you cleared your throat, finish your sentence.”

I can’t stand when there are an entire bathroom full of open stalls and a person comes in and chooses the one right next to mine.  That and the majority of women *do not* grasp the idea of a "courtesy flush".  When you’re poo-ing next to meYell….please, courtesy flush.  I like sitting in my stink not yours!

-the Junkie off-topic-ness continues!

Nothing short of a miracle can help you then. Such is the way of ‘male bonding’, which us females understand very little of.

=the whole lot of ya. (which, ironically, includes myself)

you never heard of a ….

wait for it…

poop deck? 

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

And my seat is getting sore. C’mon Wolf give it up!

the cat is also one of the guys. Just imagine the three of us on the couch in the middle of a Quentin Tarantino marathon, the cat with his paw down his furry little shorts and a pawful of cat nip… (Our dog has no idea what she’s in for.) Sweetheart, please don’t come back here with Gmork in tow, and kick our asses…!

Aye, it certainly is!

While I don’t wear boxers, I do enjoy putting one hand in my pants…a la Al Bundy…I actually caught myself doing this at work today!  It’s just a comfy place to put a hand.  I also love Spike TV and Bond-a-thon’s (along with some Swazye Crazy — Left Boot!).  I also love drinking Coke –produces the best burps ever — and most of all….I have indeed vacuumed my cat (it was a very low suction and the cat thought it was being brushed).

It sounds like I might have a hard time not condoning the man-week that is about to take place.  However, I have shoe shopped online last week and bought some awesome Mary Jane’s so maybe there is a bit of girl buried somewhere in this tomboy.

I’m just gonna have to get you some liquor and call the Nanny 911 show for some assistance for you!

POOP DECK!

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

cricket, cricket, cricket…

….to wish ye all a happy "Talk Like a Pirate Day"!

Show me yer best pirate speak! Yaaaaarrrrr!

Today me and me mate are goin’ to sling the lead to celebrate the day. We might even take a caulk until it be time to inebriate the day with some grog.

Quote for the day: Why join the Navy when you can be a pirate?

MC, CA, UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

A Humble Pirates Ode to Gmork 

I raise me tankard to ya, ye be a vision of comeliness worthy of beachin’ me ship for.  Surely, a more handsome lass ne’er did cross neither me path nor me blade than ye.  And yet I cannae see ye enough to slake this crusty ole pirates thirst fer yer presence.  Barnacles! Ye be a cancerous barnacle on me soul ye be!  I fear the next knave what crosses me path as I will rend his head from his body fer me want of ye.  His blood will dye the sea ta gives ye a red carpet, so come ta me lady, come home, where the waves be not the only thing rockin’ ye old captain’s cabin. Where ye would have a man who knows how ta treat ya, and the lamentations of our enemies be our musik.

hhhmmm…  SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #? in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)  Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient!  Double Dipper and Triple Threat!  All-around uberjunkie!

Now that is what I call me some pirae speak!

A whole ode to Gmork…I am honored.  And blushing!Embarassed

Yes, now what would speak like a pirate day be without some grog!

A worthy way to be spending the day with me favorite wench.

• Look for me amonst ther other Scallywags! 
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.  The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me!  UNdead Knight!  King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)!  Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.

Arrrrr ye sayin’ I be yer favorite wench?

MC; CA; UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.