This topic contains 479 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Mathis Wrenn Mathis Wrenn 2 years, 6 months ago.

Are You Ready for Some Football?

I was up till 3:30am EDST last night watching Arena Football… The San Jose SaberCats game was worth being up that late!

Hey Hines Ward don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

OH YEAH The Steelers signed Heisman-winner and former Ravens, 49ers and Omaha Nighthawks Quarterback Troy Smith. The Steelers also have Ben Roethlisberger and free agent Byron Leftwich, Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon. What was that? Did someone say Stairway to Seven?

I’m calling it right now that The San Francisco 49ers and The Baltimore Ravens will play in Super Bowl XLVI

OH! And more Lions gear is in the mail….

Lions!!!!! Playoff bound….yes

Elvis Dumervil really blew up Tom Brady during yesterdays game it was great! That a boy Dumervil! If any of you watched SNL then you know Jesus wasn’t there to help out the Broncos in the forth quarter like always.

a little late but: W00t go Ducks(rank 4) we made it to the Rose Bowl (with our 2 losses one to LSU best ranked team, and the other to USC…..rank 9)

REALLY? James Harrison what are you doing? I know what he’s doing, he’s playing the game of FOOTBALL! But some people don’t think Football should be to physical so Harrison got a hand full of fines and now he received a one game suspension. What kind of message is being sent to the league? Shouldn’t we just let them play some football?

Yet another close win for the Steelers. Once again they are ravaged with more injuries. You can almost say this is the year of injuries?

GOOOO STEEEEELERS! Steelers and the ravens are tied right now, the ravens are really putting up a fight. Anywho the Steelers are crazy good. I can’t forget about denver, nice job broncos. Hope von miller has a speedy recovery.

Seahawks v. Eagles Thursday Night Showdown…that was an ass-whoopin’, son!!

Gives me hope for the future of what the Hawks might be in the future if they get a competent QB and a fully gelled O-line.

Nice findings.

Hay look I found this one too.

Blah, blah, blah… Tongue out

[flickr-photo:id=6403329753 size=m], [flickr-photo:id=3938763689 size=m], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!

Wink

[flickr-photo:id=6403329753 size=m], [flickr-photo:id=3938763689 size=m], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!

Tebow has only thrown 1 interception this season so far.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] “Lundy is my agent, Q! He’s the man. He’ll tear the tongue out of anyone who gets in your way.”

Tebow is gonna throw? We can still enjoy those! Well, at least I can! Tongue out

Maybe I’ll bring some of my Bears stuff with me to make the room more… livable! LOL!! Wink

They’re saying he’ll be out for at least 4 weeks.

Let the GIRL FIGHT begin!

GIRL FIGHT GIRL FIGHT GIRL FIGHT

Tongue out

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh or John Tweedy?….and who can beat that excuse….”I was trying to get my balance so I smashed his head and stomped on his arm”…that was entertainment.

I HATE, HATE, HATE the Raiders!!! (It’s an old-boyfriend-thing.) The Bears are playing well as a team so I have faith that Cutler’s injury will not hurt their chances.

You hear that Shady! Broncos are STILL going down too!!! Wink

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

Green Bay is still UNDEFEATED.

……….JUNKIE 4 LIFE…..I’m MR. T’s brother from another mother, you can call me MR. M…..1st time Pusher…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)…..GO KRAKENS!…..and as always Have Nice Day…..

don’t write off Chicago because Cutler is out, Hanie is no slouch and just may surprise alot of people. The do have momentum and will be up for this game.

Look for the upset if Stafford does not throw any picks. Detroit’s defense ranks fifth in the NFL against the pass and has 27 sacks so far. If Starks doesn’t play or is hampered by the knee injury the Lions can beat Green Bay.

Any thoughts on Oakland vs. Chicago this weekend? Im a massive Bears fan and the fact that the bears dont have Cutler, for awhile, gives me a bad feeling. Is this the start of a massive fail streak?

“Come follow me! Space Admiral DeRose. I am totally not a rogue pilot that commands the resistance’s naval forces.”

……….JUNKIE 4 LIFE…..I’m MR. T’s brother from another mother, you can call me MR. M…..1st time Pusher…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)…..GO KRAKENS!…..and as always Have Nice Day…..

So Tim Tebow really pulled that one out of his where the sun don’t shine. Down by three points the Broncos were able to pull off the win near the end. The only reason I’m bringing this game up is that I heard something that made me laugh my ass off which is one of the announcers happen to say “Marcus Dixon just got a mouth full of Tim Tebow.” Really I couldn’t believe it when I heard it then I began to laugh hysterically.

…always a great match up. Doesn’t matter what their records are. Giants have home advantage and coming off a tough loss against the niners will be out for a big win.

So, it is true they’ve been on a roll as of late. But it is time that the Bolts get back in gear. Quentin Barnes guarantees a Charger win this weekend. If only he could lead them to victory…

Just ordered my Kraken’s Home Jersey

The Books of Sigler that i Own: EarthCore(2005) | |Ancestor(2007) | | Infected | | Contagious | | Ancestor(2010) | | The Rookie | | The Starter | | The All-Pro | | Blood is Red | | Nocturnal (Pre-Order) | | {+ I bought a copy of all the above for my dad

…sucks for west coast team highlights. Saw a stat that said for the first time since the realignment all the teams in the NFC West won in the same week.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] “Lundy is my agent, Q! He’s the man. He’ll tear the tongue out of anyone who gets in your way.”

That defense was sick yesterday.

The offense still bothers me a great deal as they had 3 turnovers in their opponent’s red zone and had to settle for field goals.

Still, a performance like that gives me hope that as the second youngest team in the league matures, they might really turn things around.

“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein

Where’s the Bears love????

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

..is looking pretty good. Like the Giants they don’t get a lot of respect..

10-1 so far and back to being ranked in the top 5

The Books of Sigler that i Own: EarthCore(2005) | |Ancestor(2007) | | Infected | | Contagious | | Ancestor(2010) | | The Rookie | | The Starter | | The All-Pro | | Blood is Red | | Nocturnal (Pre-Order) | | {+ I bought a copy of all the above for my dad

..They did give it a go but that pick killed them.

…up on Baltimore 22-7.

I never want to hear Dan Dierdorf say the phrase “that’s how you drop a load on somebody” EVER again.

I have that affect on people. It’s my radiant magnitism. I’ll try to contain it Tongue out

for a certain Siglerfest audio file to be posted.
    Then the training camp can begin.

I was guilty of falling into that trap until one day the light clicked on and I blurted “Dios mio!!! Una chica!!!“…which is odd, because I don’t really speak Spanish.

Got to crawl outta here……
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

The FDO’s GD Detroit Lions are going down!!! Wink

Lions, huh? Bring it! LOL

…the Giants are for real this week end. Coming off the win in New England and up against the niners..

Hmm i wonder if we could find a way to bet CH

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

The Virtual Bar Fight (as I only attended 1) was great. I know I laughed my ass, that is drunken ass off.

[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

Does somebody need to get punched, or slapped?
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

And here I didn’t know avinjer knew me so well!

::Junkie Hugs::

Let me double check….

*Unzip*

Yup, still a chick! But you can call me dude any time, Wolfie Kiss

*Zip*

She does have the potential and the will but usually waits in the back to just cheer on the real trouble makers.

Bellz on the other hand, that’s a whole lot of trouble in one package. But in a nice way.l

You’re a chick? Damn, dude! I mean…. Wow!

Please visit. http://www.emmahoolin.co.uk http://www.justgiving.com/allforemmahoolin

… will be laughing…..laughing WITH them, not AT them Innocent

Also, I hope jello will be involved!Tongue out

and I will laugh my ass off the whole time. cant wait

hee hee!

I think you’re lying! Wink

Innocent

I’m pretty sure Kali hijacked my account yesterday Tongue out

Tongue out

I have a feeling JP is going to be thoroughly amused that Sunday!! Kiss

CAPTCHA: asskin the

GIRL FIGHT!!!!

GIRL FIGHT!!!!

GIRL FIGHT!!!!

GIRL FIGHT!!!!

GIRL FIGHT!!!!

No, it’s not your run of the mill, wimpy Care Bear …lol

It’s the huggable version of a werewolf. I picked it because a couple of people here mistook me for a dude. So I went ultra pink with my avatar but still wanted it to be tough. I think it’s a nice balance Laughing

Although… it might be time to ponder a change….hmmmmm

i just realized your picture is not a carebear… or atleast not one of the ones i grew up on

“And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it’s a great escape ……”

With this loss, the Eagles are basically out of the running for a post season

CLICK ME

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

playing well for the rest of the season! *crosses fingers*

Man, did those Eagles take a heart breaking thumping.

No defense to speak of… lots of dropped balls (hee hee)… and really bad play calling (no running game to speak of and really??… a fake punt???? Is this high school football??????)

At any rate, Mr Gmork and I had a fun time. It was my first time in the new stadium and it was glorious. The whole evening was dedicated to the Armed Forces, which made for really meaningful tributes during down times and very little commericals. Would have liked a win, but congrats to the Bears (and Bella) on their win.

at Gmork & Shady! Cool

Bring on the Lions!!!! Wink

“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein

No i just made a suggestion in case more situations occur and so that people dont bitch at other people for using threads…..

I think we have enough threads going on right now. We don’t need one for every little subject that comes along.

The Patriots even got their ass whooped by the G-Men. Tom Brady is getting old, he’s loosing it!

……….JUNKIE 4 LIFE…..I’m MR. T’s brother from another mother, you can call me MR. B…..1st time Pusher…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)…..GO KRAKENS!…..and as always Have Nice Day…..

I even had some jokes lined up making fun of those Baltimore Ravens but I guess I can’t use them now after what happened last night.

……….JUNKIE 4 LIFE…..I’m MR. T’s brother from another mother, you can call me MR. B…..1st time Pusher…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)…..GO KRAKENS!…..and as always Have Nice Day…..

Virtual/Live Girlfight I for Bears vs. Broncos. All are welcome to attend… and watch the Bears take the Broncos out!! Tongue out

Frown

I would PAY MONEY to see that girl fight!!

Seriously, though that sounds like a really good time Laughing

I just *knew* I’d get a comment out of Bella! Tongue out

But shady got my meaning!Wink

Wink

So it looks like I’ll be going to Monday Night Football in Philly tonight!

So excited!! Hope the Bears make it a competitive game!!

I’m going to start giving you lessons on American Football during our Hangouts! Laughing

for the big Sunday night game. Steelers v Ravens – gonna be some old fashioned, smash-mouth football. I hope we have enough guys that aren’t too banged up to play.
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

but I’m so sick of hearing about him…

the New York Giants get healthy.

erm…
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

They say there is 4-5 top flight QBs that will be in the draft.

And I’m a HUGE UF fan. Tebow should never have gone in the 1st round. He was a 3rd round pick at best.

These defense is pretty solid, but the offense is as functional as a 5th generation inbred howler monkey; it basically sits there and shits itself.
    I’m just pissed that they don’t suck enough to hold a ticket for the Suck for Luck lottery.

nor do I wish to see him fail just so I can point and laugh; when it comes to pure character, you’re hard pressed to find a guy who is more stand-up in all of the NFL.

But this flat out hero-worship for a damn near still rookie who has really done nothing but suck just boggles my mind.
    He may become a great QB, but right now, the kid does not have it, and stuffing him in the line of fire right now is NOT the best of ideas.

People here in Denver seem to forget that the glory of 97-98 is closing in on 15 years ago.

I hope our Steelers aren’t too banged up to hand the Ravens a well-earned azz-whooping on Sunday night! Go Steelers

I am soooo sick of Tebow worship!

…do to our own receivers.

Hey Tom Brady you can take it and shove it that’s right how does defeat taste I bet you have a sour taste in your mouth that’s called DEFEAT you turd nugget!!!

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

my team has no offense.
    None.

fuck every one of your incompetent referees.
    When Jim Mora, a guy who hates the Seahawks says you guys blew major calls, then you fucking sucked herpes laced dicks.
    Die in a fire, all of you.

put the QB in a red jersey and make him down by a two-hand touch below the waist.

This molly-coddling bullshit is getting ridiculous.

Just watch the average Denver Broncos fan, I swear.

Timtebow! Timtebow!Timtebow!TIMTEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there’s no way in hell they’re losing in the finals on their home turf.

WTF?

——————– Villa Nandes Photo Blog

Granted, we all know the All Blacks are hard core, but even if they weren’t, who would pull for the French?

Plus, you do have to admit the strategy for beating the French is pretty easy… Just point behind them and ask if the Germans are coming! HAR!

—- I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

Rugby world cup final on Sunday, All Blacks vs France.

Should be a fantastic game!!!

Go the All Blacks!

Because of his neck surgery Peyton Manning’s only playing time is relegated to TV commercials. Hopefully the Steelers D can hold the Colts backup Quarterback to a minimum. Let’s go Black and Yellow!

[edit] w 23 – 20

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

First live NFL game this Sunday! Bill/Pats in Buffalo.

Are beers a million dollars in American stadiums like they are in Ontario?

His agility isn’t that great but who am I to judge. Stewart isn’t that old, He still has a long career ahead of him. It’s possible he turns into a power house.

You gotta tackle him however you can in the first 10 yards….. Cause you don’t and let him get up to full speed, you’re putting points on the board.

Photobucket

WOW! Why would you try to tackle someone like the way N. Collins attempted to tackle the RB. The location of the tackle is the upper thigh…no the lower buttock…wherever the contact was made it is unfortunate he was injured but lucky he was not paralyzed.

No head to ass contact? How will Tom Brady win any games if he can’t kiss the ass of zebes?

Photobucket

I smell yet another new rule coming for 2012.

They lost to Oakland 20-23 but won against Cincinnati 24-22

Did you see THIS???

Carolina Panther’s running back and his Bun’s of Steel have quite possibly ended Green Bay Saftey Nick Collin’s season…

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d82257183/Collins-suffers-neck-injury

Photobucket

Awesome interception / run. That guy is a beast.

As a fan of the Carolina Panthers, I shall be cheering for my men in a sure-to-be loosing effort against Green Bay… I was a fan when Tom Brady and New England bribed the NFL refs in the 2004 Super Bowl… I was a fan when they went 1-15…. I am wearing my 1997 vintage Samual Mill’s Carolina Panther jersey…. (REST IN PEACE SAM MILLS! WE STILL MISS YOU!!!)

Photobucket

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Still have no cable this year, so I can’t watch games. I am a very sad blood splatter. D:

“Clever girl.” ~Jurassic Park {GirlCo w/ dreads for Sigler}

I am a huge cowboys fan and will forever remain one and yes I do feel now that we have all our key people back we shall make it deep in to the play offs if not the superbowl, though one addendum to that I am from VA so I am a Vick fan as well and I would love to see an NFC championship game between Eagles and the Cowboys…now does anyone else feel rather let down when your teams receivers don’t jump 20 feet in to the air and the linebackers and DE’s don’t run on all fours or ball up and roll? I think the GFL has ruined me on regular football

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servant of The FDO

I’ve been a Pittsburgh fan for 37 years. I love the black and gold. I was more excited for college ball until I looked at this weeks schedule and was reminded that the Steelers play Baltimore. What a wonderful way to start off the year!

Got into it too late in life to fall prey to the random reasons that most people have for picking their team (family member’s fav team, team that was really good during my formative years, etc) and as a Canuck I have no home team to cheer for.

I refuse to accept Buffalo as a home team like some other Torontonians.

Here’s your chance to pitch me on your favorite team and why I should cheer them.

and the Bears game was on … and I was thinking … ok … maybe this year they won’t be so bad …then ooops … sometimes it’s not so much fun being a Bears fan BUT I will always watch if given the chance …

…paying close attention to the QBs this year.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

I have a feeling Charlie will get his shot to lead the team before the season is over. TJ has looked like complete shit in every game he’s played so far.

And I’m glad they didn’t try to pick one up in the draft this year; pretty weak selection, in my opinion. Next year should be better, I’m thinking.

As of right now I don’t feel we have the starter at QB for the next 6-10 years on the team.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

There’s got to be some true fans out there!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes

He’s a hometown boy for us — his younger cousin led my daughter’s high school team to their first ever state championship in football last year. See, we can agree on something!

I fell asleep at the half. I did not like what I did get to see. NFL network had Houston & Saints game on then switched to the Hawks. How do you not get to the 2 yard line and come away with at least 3 points. And TJ held on to the ball way to long. I thought he was a “MOBILE QB”. I didn’t see that. Also the O-line needs to start to gel. Maybe they need to be like the Ki and live together?

The tempo of the game changed when he came in. Sure, it was scrubs vs. scrubs, but the ball moved when he was calling the shots.

Maybe I wrote him off too early.

Poor widdle Mike Vick (or should I say, Ron Mexico?)… The Steelers kept taking the ball away. Glad to see Troy P. in there, hair flying. Big improvement over last week. Go Steelers!

They need to bring him back if possible. One of the best 3rd down receivers out there. That ankle sprain scares me. Need to find a vet back up. This year is going to be interesting. Heard that Pete left to 2 box seat tickets at one of the Hawks sponsors to be given to the first person to order a tweet donut. It was at spudnuts. What ever that is.

whether good or bad, I think they went all-in on the front 5 this year. This is something that needed to be done years ago and it may be the homer in me, but I like what I see (as long as they can get Okung figured out). If they can get a strong line, they are on their way back to being a contender.

Whatever happened to Stokley? I see that he almost signed a deal with the Skins, but after that, I haven’t heard a word about him.
    I wish they would have kept him, too. Was always a fan of his even when he was in Indy and Denver. It made my day when he landed in Seattle last year.

Just saw that Hill is comeing back. That should be a good fit. I see more 2 TE sets then ever. Keeping JC in to block more and let ZM go out in to the pass pattern. And if the D forces Miller to stay in then Carlson and got out. I wish they would have keep Stokley. He was money on 3rd down. Every once in awhile could see flashes of Largent in the way he played.

Just hope I can afford to make SiglerFest ’12.

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

they made a lot of moves in the offseason, but they’ve looked very strong in the past and came up short before. They’ve got a stigmata on them, but this could very well be the year they shake that off.

7-9 did it last year, for Christ’s sakes.
    As usual, I see it up for grabs with the Seahawks possibly being the odds on favorite.

Didn’t like that Okung when out with another high ankle sprain. Shit, at least last year you could say it was because someone rolled up on him; what can you say this time? That guy’s got a lot of potential, but if he’s made of glass, he’s no good to anyone.

I think Cable is going to whip that line into shape by the end of the season. That’s a cat who takes absolutely no shit and will get them eating lightening and crapping thunder. With Lynch’s aggressive running style and Washington’s no-bullshit short yardage runs, I see the running game improving this year.

QB is just the huge question mark in my opinion.

• The first string quarterback isn’t that good to start with, but is on injured reserve already anyway, so they start the third string QB against New England – wonder why they went down?
  • Watched the KC/TB game tonight and on the opening kickoff the KC runback guy blows it big time. Should hav etaken a knee for the 20, decides to run it and goes down on the 5.
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC. Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.

But it is a possibility with how weak it is. I like the longterm potential of this team. The Miller pick up was brilliant. They still need to work on the D. And a good RB wouldn’t hurt.

I think there will be a pretty solid battle for backup between he and Clipboard Jesus before the season’s over.

I liked the was the 3rd sting QB keep his head on a few blown plays.

is tomorrow night. Can’t wait to see how they look. Yay football!!! Tongue out

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

but it still feels good when your team wins.

first round’s on me.

Philthadelphia is lookin strong…

Gingers are the smallest minority on the planet…fuck.

I grew up too close to Pittsburgh. I can’t stand the Steelers or any other Pittsburgh team.

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Just bought my Bills / Pats tickets for Sep 25! I wish Toronto would pick up an NFL team.

bah, it’s only pre-season. Who cares?
Then I sit down and watch and I’m instantley going ape shit.
Can’t wait for Thursday night.

Hooray! Can’t wait to see the Steelers on the field again. Sure wish we’d gotten Mike Pouncey, the twin thing is so cool.

Welcome back.

Big raspberry to you! Go Steelers!

Just because it’s always raining in Seattle doesn’t mean you should be such a downer.

All jokes aside for now, best of luck to both (your Seahawks and my Steelers) teams. May the best team prevail in battle

Just don’t like the Steelers.

Let me take a guess, you are one of those Marvel fans that do not like DC Comic characters

a meteor hits the stadium and we’re all better off the day after it happens.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and linebackers LaMarr Woodley and James Farrior are among the players who will take the field at Heinz Field as part of a shoot for ″The Dark Knight Rises″ that will use about 10,000 extras to fill the stands. The extras were called in to cheer on the Gotham Rogues as they take on the Rapid City Monuments. The list also includes former Steelers head coach Bill Cowher, star players Troy Polamalu and Hines Ward, and Luke Ravenstahl, the mayor of Pittsburgh

With the lockout, I mean. NOTHING was really lost, yet we were told it was the end of the world.
Ok, so maybe we miss the HOF game and a bit of pre-season, but seriously, who gives a $#!@ about either of those?

I never had a doubt in my mind that they wouldn’t come to terms before the season started (they wouldn’t only be killing the golden goose, they’d strangle it, piss on it, and bury it upside down in an unmarked grave if they blew this season) but looking back, I’m just in awe by the hysteria that the media created about this ordeal.

kinda sad about this, but at the same time, I’m ok with his most likely being cut.
The guy came in like gangbusters his rookie year, put up a solid sophmore effort, and really hasn’t done much since. i’ve watched his decline over the years and have always hoped he’d get back to form but it just never happened.
The ‘Hawks asked him to take a paycut on the grounds that he’s sucked lately, and he asked to be released. It’ll be interesting to see who they fill the MLB with, be it moving a player over or looking to FA.

Either way, I truley hope they get Raheem Brock locked down soon. That would be a bitch to lose him on the D-line.

get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do the square root of fuckall.

but glad to help. :-)

We Fans of the star are ready for some football of yes indeed and this lock out shit has ended just in time for the release of the ALL-PRO, damn this is a good time to be a football fine

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servant of The FDO

…is what have you done for me lately?
I loved him on the team. He was pretty much the last of the era of Seahawks, but at the same token, he didn’t do shit outside of the playoff gamea gainst the A’ints besides turn the ball over.

I know that the line sucked, trust me. I also know that when he was able to get decent protection, he still rushed the ball.

I don’t fault the front office in giving him a one year deal to see what he can do. At the same time, I don’t fault him for turning down the offer. It’s getting to the point where the franchise needs a revamp top to bottome to become contendors again, and that means bringing in a younger QB.

I wish him well in Tennesse, but with the same token, I don’t think his price tag is worth it to help J.P. Losman. Seattle doesn’t have a franchis QB right now (unless TJ or Clipboard Jesus turn it on this year) and keeping Hass try and teach someone is a bit too much to ask in my opinion.

A Cleveland Municipal Court judge has ruled that Braylon Edwards violated his probation when he pleaded guilty to DUI recently. It’s a shame that this one good drive ended in a penalty

A shared stadium between the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders has been discussed under the new NFL labor agreement, and executives for both teams said they are open to future talks. Pretty soon this will turn into the West Side Story

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

Pretty sure I can fill in as a 3rd string QB. Just let me stand on the sideline in my pristine jersey holding a clipboard randomly signing to throw off the other team while the coach relays the real plans. I could handle that. And worse comes to worse I can always be the tackle dummy when the team gets thoroughly pissed.

Now the question becomes what to do about a 3rd QB and we could use another RB. With Leinart going to Houston they need to bring in another QB. I just no sure who that might be. I hate to say this but Reggie Bush might not be a bad choice as another RB. He gives them a Special teams guy and a guy that has to be accounted for by the defense.

I preface this by saying he’s the last of my man-crushes on the team (though I’m batting my eye-lashes at Earl Thomas and Lofa) but the big question is how much does he have left? 2, maye 3 years? I think that he overestimated his worth based off of what he did in the playoffs last year. I’ll give him all the credit in the world that if Carlson didn’t get knocked out early and if our receivers weren’t infected with the Drops that have plauged Seattle for at least a decade that there would have been a good chance that GB would have had to make it to the SB through Seattle, but I still think he was asking too much for what he did over the last couple of years.

The guy is as classy as a QB as you’ll find and I will never doubt his toughness (the guy was a walking zombie for most seasons after 2005 when the line fell apart) but I still think that he tried to screw the club with what he was asking.

I wish him well in Tennesse, I hate to see him go, but I agree that with what he had in the tank compared to the future of the club that it was time for him to go.

But why would they only offer Matt a 1 year deal. With a 2 year deal they would have been able to get a rookie QB in the draft and have Matt teach him. There would be no pressure on him till the next year. Then you keep Matt on as the back-up or QB coach. The reason there season was so bad was the O-line for the most part could not protect him. Just read that they have agreed to a deal with Sydney Rice. That gives us 2 big WRs. Now if the can keep Mebane, that will go a long way in fixing the D. I haven’t heard any news on the CB Johnathan Joseph fron Cincinnati yet, have you?

I definitely think that’s the song!! And hey … Duh Bearss! … that song is finally out of my head … HOO FREAKING RAY! thanx! I owe you one cup of sanity. :o)

He really got hijacked by the return of Grey Balls, so it’s kind of tough to say what he can and can’t do. Jury’s still out on that one.

Love the Gallery signing. I also love how Pete’s not fucking around and is taking care of the O-line, something that has been needed since Hutch (may he eternally suffer crotch lice) left in ’06.

And Matt…I kind of expected him to go, but if the ru mors of the Seahawks offering him a solid one year deal are true, then I’ve just got onething to say:

I know it was you, Matt. You broke my heart.
You broke my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrxnmMjp-tE&feature=related

Might this be it?

OK maybe this belongs in the Ramdom thread but it is FB related and it is very rare that you will ever see me post about FB … so here goes … See title of this thread … I just had a flashback … Is that a line from a song? Or advertisement or lead in to Monday night FB? I swear I can hear it in my head BUT I did see some 1985 Bears footage recently so maybe it was included with that … but yeah … now I can’t get it out of my head. Does the GFL have music/songs/advertising?

Time to bring this thread back. And my first question is what the FUCK is Seattle thinking in signing or thinking about signing Tarvaris Jackson and Matt (I can’t get out of the hot tub) Leinart. Is the plan to tank the season so we have a shot at Andrew Luc? Because if it is then this is such a huge fucking mistake.

Of course, i was bitter that my Bears weren’t in it, but i do like to see a good game. And as Super Bowls go, this was a pretty good one. it really did come down to that last drive. I wasn’t particularly invested in either team winning, but the excitement of the ending was pretty dang cool.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

I thought it was a fairly good game when compared to some Super bowls of the past few years. I just wish that the Packer defense had dropped as many balls as the offense did.

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

Husband of Susan,

Friend of Junkies everywhere

I just can’t believe it! Waht the heck happened?? (tear drips from edge of eye…)

far too much rum and a hatred that burns like a thousand suns kinda made me an uncouth prick last night.

Sorry for being way over the top in the large majority of my comments in this thread.

and that’s all I’ve got to say about that since it is the only positive (Yes) statement I can make.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

was too busy getting blown away by some awesome homemade jambalaya.

sucked some fetid frog ass, in my opinion.

what did I miss?

matter, but I was shocked at how bad the entire show was. And me and my wife had a good laugh at Fergie’s lack of singing talent, I didn’t know how bad they were until tonight. The light show was cool though!
[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

…us over on twitter. We all had issues with it.

I noticed major problems with the audio, plus it once again highlighted Fergie’s lack of ability to actually carry a tune. She really needs to stop ruining Sweet Child ‘O Mine. Slash’s hat was pretty cool though.

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

how you can only really count 1 blown call in a title game where the Stealers lose.

kinda makes you wonder.

Way to shove it down Big Ben Rapethlisberger’s throat!

Let’s see if Big Ben can even get it up to rape an underage co-ed tonight!! :-D

Now my weekend doesn’t suck. :-D

Time for the Packers to respond.

GREG JENNINGS, MUTHAFACKO!!!!

…have challenged it would have gone their way.

But the officials are have their head so far up their fucking ass they can’t call shit if it was right in front of them.

tuck your tampon string, you c*nt bitch! >:-(
I cannot, for the life of me, stomach pussys who play like a bitch, then cry to the ref’s for a flag when they get called for being a frigid twat.

What about the unsportsmanlike conduct for trying to shoving a guy into the ball when he is trying to get away from it.

…”there dropping balls Masala, like a virgin on her wedding night.”

how far are we away from another Raperburger phantom touchdown?

Fuck the Stealers and Fuck the Rooneys! >:-(

for someone to crush him across the middle.

Even my cat can’t stand this halftime show.

You’ve gotta narrow it down on the Shitsburgh roster.

Problem is they’re playing in the house of Jones. I don’t think he’s willing to roll over and taking a sanctioned fucking.

…GB gets a head by another score if the refs start throwing those around to get the Steelers back in the game.

let’s see if the Zeb’s keep the flags in their holsters.

…here is very poor.

Take that, you rapin’ motherfucker!

First blood Packers!

i might finish both bottles before the game’s over.

I go through at least 3 Winter Sampler’s a year.

…Sam Adams holiday pack. Old Fizzy Wig to start.

Go Packers!!!!!
Fuck the Stealers!!!!!

is hot!!!! THat’s one fine looking man. I must agree on Ben – can’t stand the man but that doesn’t mean I won’t have him on my fantasy team. Hines is a dirty player but he does a lot of good things as well. At any rate – it should be a good Superbowl!!!!

I mean go Steelers! I mean – heck, this game is too close to call. Just give me a good game. Tha’s all I ask!

Sipping rum (on the rocks as nothing else) Winner: Kraken
Rum mixed with Coke Winner: Sailor Jerry
Gimmick Drink: N/A (haven’t found a specific drink to have ala the Dreamcicle Kraken drink with sailor Jerry)
Final Results: Both great rums; will always have a bottle of both in my liquor cabinet.

Wink

having a head to head challenge today with Kraken and Sailor Jerry to see which is the better mixer.

Laughing

the culmination of another year of football happening in hours.
Jambalaya’s cooking in the crockpot, have to make one quick stop for some more Coke, then it’s time for the game.

Come on, Packers, get shit done today, boys!!!

it’s pretty good; their stuff translates very well to the screen. I saw a great bit where they had the girlfriends of football fans on a panel. Too funny. Well worth watching.

on TV… man, they can be funny/harsh!
“It’s official, Big Ben is now one victory away from being a good person!”
Evidently when you have more Super Bowl rings than sexal assault allegations you are “redeemed”
How sad and true.

But I’ve got all the respect in the world for Troy Polamalu; that guy is, in my opinion, the most athletic player in the NFL today. And, from what I’ve heard, a class act all around. Plus, he spent some time in Oregon as a kid, so I’ve gotta give it up for that.

Hines Ward (aka the Smokey Robinson lookin’ motherfucker) I feel is a very talented, yet dirty ass player. He may be a prince off the field, but on, I can’t stand him and am hoping somebody catches him cutting across the middle with his head down and blows him up this Sunday.

Yes, Ben has been a asshat. I hpe that he’s had a wake-up call and gets his personal life straigthened out.. (No, it’s not a good idea to have sex in public bathrooms with drunken college girls, no matter who you are.) But, the Steelers are not just one person.
Hines Ward and Polamalu are just two of the other players who spend lots of their time and $$ helping kids and doing the right thing.

Steelers, Steelers, Steelers!

I want to see what Big Ben thinks of it when someone has their way with him and he has no power to stop them. >:-)

Actually, I pretty much root for anyone playing against the Packers.
One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

Mr Gmork and I are Eagles fans but since the birds are grounded, we’re cheering for the Steelers. Mostly we want them to win so that their all time Superbowl wins keep them in front of Dallas …heehee

Even tho we are moving Saturday and everything will still be in boxes, we are gearing up for the Big Game. Stairway to Seven, baby! Saven NFL Championships, that is. My Steelers flag should be delivered today. Stupid stores in Atlanta don’t have Steelers party stuff, just generic. I wanted a Steelers tablecloth! Sigh.

And now anytime someone is faking or exaggerating a Boo-Boo we say they are “Pulling a Cutler”
Damn, he sure is making a name for himself.

…just hurry up and get here already!!!!

Someone’s comment on a YouTube video:

“I just named my truck jay cutler. Sure it starts, but I won’t depend on it getting me to Dallas.”

There would be way to much pressure on him. Just like if Tebow would have gone to Jacksonville. Guys should not play high school, college, and pro ball all in the same state or town. Just way to much pressure to be the golden boy.

I’ve never been a fan of him or his antics.

Look at Brees. Even if he did go there they still need to draft someone.

When you get down to the brass tacks, he’s a got a lot better numbers than I thought.

That being said, I still think Seattle’s future is going to come from a solid draft…I’m just praying they don’t go after Locker.

saying that and the coach that Frazier picked up was the QB coach for the Titans for a while. It doesn’t jibe with what Frazier seems to want to do with the team. Hes to much drama and he really is not anymore proven the TJack. And I think statistically TJack has the better record, I know scary but check it out. Palmer is the better fit and hes not a hot head.

Vince Young. Please, High One, NO. If they are such publiclity whores I’d rather see them draft a rookie who sacrifices virgins on the 50 yard line prior to each game.
What kills us, doesn’t make us stronger.

That team is falling apart. Im hoping Frazier tries to work a deal for Palmer, I think he would be a good long term fix for the Vikings!

Chad Oh-so-sickly has decided to change his name again. Any suggestions?

Husband of Susan,

Say it ain’t so!!! After all we’ve been through together, you go and turn your back on me and my Steelers? Oh, the pain! Cry

Husband of Susan,

Fuck those fucking fuckers!

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

Poor Bella…

Cutler and those Bears have you channelling Mr. Biz-nazz in a serious way!Wink

Fuckity fuck fuck!

I agree with you all. He’s a big fucking baby and I wouldn’t doubt it if he was in on a fix. It was just such a disappointment! To have a shitty start to the season, hearing people talk all kinds of shit about the team, then come back guns blazing and make it into the play-offs only to completely NOT SHOW UP for the Championship game?! WTF?!

Beth, I gotta be honest. I do not like the Steelers, but I like the Packers even less, so I hope the Steelers embarrass the shit out of them at the Super Bowl!

it was shocking that he even attempted to play. Players are already sounding off about it, saw one that said when he tore his MCL he couldn’t even stand on the sidelines more or less walk around. If he doesn’t have corrective surgery then no one will ever know if it was true. Even if he wussed out Scott got it right, he could still have attempted to help the team win. Hannie made a game out of it with out his help, and he deserves the teams and fans respect for that.

…is pretty convinced by Cutler’s actions that the fix was in. He either deliberately set the team up to fail, or he really is just a big wuss & has no business playing pro football.

So he can show the leg just dangling there…. Where’s the doc from Human Centipede when you need him?

There’s not a sports franchise that I hate more than the Stealers; my two favorite football teams are the Seahawks and whoever plays Pittsburgh. :-p

Gotta back the Evil Queen on this one.

He was on the radio this morning here in Denver:

“Jay Cutler is going to go to the bank, withdraw a couple hundred thousand and go see his doctor for that MRI. He’s going to hand him that stack of $200,000 and say “Doc, you’ve got to make this look as bad as possible. Say that you can’t believe that I was even able to play a couple plays on this. You’ve gotta come out and tell the world that I’m not a pussy!”.

I hope you didn’t cry yourself to sleep last night. Damn that Whinny Cutler! Totally agree with the posts about him quitting on Da Bears, in the championship game no less. Not a true competitor, I guess. Yeah, Ben may not be the brightest bulb on the tree and he looks like a “retard on rollerskates” (per the FDO, no less), but he’s out there with abroken foot and broken nose.
If your knee is messed up, how can you stand there without crutches, ice, etc? Sheesh. Even if he was hurt, he sure didn’t look like he gave it 110%. and that’s what it takes to be a winner! Rawr!

GO STEELERS!!!!!

But now, can you cheer for the Steelers with me? Or are you a cheeshead?

the bench not talking to anyone. Not looking to help anyone, he just shut down on everyone. Thats the difference between champions and quiters. Someone that truelly wants to win that game is going to give everything hes got even if hes left with just telling a guy to watch how a defender leans forward on his toes or how a rusher keeps shuffling there feet so they don’t get caught leaning forward for a rush when they are going to fall back into coverage. Specialy after that first INT he should have been right there showing Hannie the pictures of what he didn’t see and how to recognize that coverage. When you play a team sport, from Jr. doubles tennis and high school to the NFL and International Football you owe it to the people around you to help out with everything you got. From the tips and tricks to the basics of the sport. You have even wrote about having to swallow the pride of not being the MAN on the field and still being a leader or a teacher. What makes a man great in a team sport is knowing that there is always more for him to give then there is for him to win.

So he’s hurt. Leave out the fact that many big-time QBs find ways to win when they have broken toes, giant casts on their feet, cracked bones in their non-throwing wrists, and — yes — fucked-up kness. Let’s leave that out for now.

Let’s look at the fact that when QBs get hurt, they stand on the sidelines with a clipboard and a headset, talking to the coaches, offering up their analysis on what they see. They are involved, trying to help the backup quarterback find a way to win. Cutler? No sir. Just sat on his ass and didn’t lift a finger. And in the NFC Championship Game.

That told me all I need to know.

you bought in Jay (I need a Midol) Cutler today, not the fans but the team that is. He flippin’ quit on that team today and I called it before the 2 quarter was done, you could see it on his face and the way he was playing. He may have the talent but he does not have the mind set or the maturity to be a QB. I don’t care what anyone says about knee injuries, I’ve gone through a few myself and know what limitations they can bring on, but he “did not know when it happened” but he wasn’t able to continue. While his 3rd year 3rd string back up put up one hell of a fight and I thought he might pull it off in the end. I was even cheering for him to do it just to prove how pathetic Cutler really is. When Cutler was the first to the tunnel I looked at my wife and said “yup there it is, he isn’t going to play anymore” When he came out and started the second half my wife laughed and said “I guess you where wrong!” I laughed and told her I wasn’t “they just talked him into not quiting yet”. And then there was the quick series and he shook his head walking to the sideline and it was over. Yes Im a Viking fan and it sucks not have a QB (not taking a shot at Favre he got old and was expected to do more then he could) but whats worse is watching a guy with the talent and the skill refuse to fight for it, even TJack tries!

Fuckball, you’re dead to me.

Go other teams.

Fuck.

shit and eventually you will eat it! couldn’t have happened to a better coach. Guess they will have to be the best team in the NFL to still not get to the Super Bowl. And with them out I can actually enjoy the Super Bowl!!

been investigated multiple times for different types of cheats. Both team suck and cheat.

At least the Jets eventually made a game out of it.

Go Packers.

now let’s see if the Jets can take care of No Means No and that Smokey Robinson lookin’ motherfucker.

mouthpiece piece of shit. I hate that asshole with a biblical fury.

But with Beth and Bella trumpeting their teams, I had to apologize for not backing them this week. ;-)

but Go Pack and Go J-E-T-S! :-P

Bella, I hope your Bears win today! then they can be CRUSHED by the Steelers on Feb. 6!

Belief is what keeps Peter Pan in the air, man! You gotta believe in your happy thoughts!

My happy thought right now is seeing the Cheatriots bounced from the playoffs. Again. Today didn’t totally suck. :-D

WTF was that?!

season’s over. Both jerseys have been washed and are hanging to dry. Interested to see the moves Pete makes in the offseason.

Damn, bears looked good today. Except that lame wildcat interception. Woo! GO Bears!!

I think people are now really starting to question those 3 Super Bowls.

I’m just so damn glad that the Giants ruined their perfect season.

They’re gonna bring to the cheeseheads next Sunday!

ESPN ran a story that the Pats also did the wall trick in the week 2 meeting with the Jets.

The Cheatriots haven’t won a playoff game since Spygate.

Kinda makes you wonder, don’t it?

Looks like it’s Congrats to the Jets and A — now, you gotta face THE STEELERS!

Hang in there, keep Brady running for his life! Go J-E-T-S!

Congrats.

Need to fix the D & O lines. Hass played well. His receivers dropped way to many balls. Also need more TE depth.

And the #1 reason the Seahawks lost.

….or because the receivers couldn’t catch a goddamn ball if it was attached to a hooker waving a free half and half coupon.

You did more than anyone gave you credit for.

This team will be back and will win a Super Bowl with Pete Carroll as head coach.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!

Plus I don’t have a TV in that room.

Just sayin’

With a captial UG. So how about a Bears v. Steelers super bowl?

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

…and I’m already drunk. Is this going to be a problem? :p

Setting up the webcam now. Are we correct with the timezone conversion? How long until the game starts?

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

gang rap of him live on ESPN. I will GO BEARS *gags*

loss its worth it. GO Be…. *huffs* Go Bea… *sighs* GO BEARS!! *SOBS*

put your faith in him.
See if you can pull the trifecta.

If the team that you root for loses against the Hawks for the rest of the season, I will give you a metric fuckton of crack hits when the season is over and/or the Hawks lose.

have Jay “I dont like fans, and I need Midol” Cutler I would just as soon eat the sweaty asshole out of a rabid wolverine then root for them. Im just sayin’.

Looks to me as if the Green Bay Packers are owned by the Ki. Find the replay and look at the background and tell me I’m wrong.

I gotcha. A little reverse psychology.

and besides…

“We all we got!!”
“We all we need!”
“We all we got!”
“We all we need!”

We need all the people we can get. You know that the media is going to be talking nothing but shit the hawks.

Athanas and I won’t mind if you want to join us.

Green Bay put a beat down on Atlanta.

all on you tomorrow, boys. Let’s go, Seahawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m a little wrung out from that Steeler’s game, now for the Falcons. where I live and all… Go Falcons!

Now, let’s go Falcons!

Is Flacco crying? there’s no crying in football!
Tight game there…. to close for my liking. Now…. will the J-E-T-S beat the cheaterpants Patriots?? (Please!)

Love that smile. go Steelers

Time to get serious or Go Home!

…Ravens/Steelers game. Should have been a late hit on the Pit lineman that hit Reed and a leading with the helmet on Clark that took out Taylor.

I have the same problem with rooting for the Broncos.

…Bears hater, does that mean I can ask you to not be a Gator hater? :)

We’ll both be on about 1/2 hour before the game starts.

24 hours from now your season will be OVER! The Steelers are going to kick butt. Wonder how many picks Troy will get this time??
Hey Bella, should we just look for your username on Tokbox around gametime? Seahawks v. Bears I mean.

But he better play like a champ on Sunday!

He’s one of the Vandy grads!

but the Bears are my team. So…. GO BEARS!!!

If the VBFII is any indication!

Was a photographer for the Columbus, GA newspaper and got sidelines passes to all kinds of stuff. At that time (late 80s) the Falcons were kinda sucky and so it wasn’t hard to get the passes. Saw a couple Georgia Tech games on the sidelines too. You really have to stay on your toes when you’re down there. Actually I think you get a better view from the stands — its hard when you are level with the game to tell what’s going on. Is that elucidated enough?
flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Pray, elucidate.

When the Jostens rep came to my school hocking class rings, he had a full size replica of the Fridge’s Super Bowl ring.

Son. Of. A. Bitch. That thing looked damn near like a wrist watch.

I think that’s 2 in the morning for you.

I’m bound to be awake and online at that time, so I might have to check in. :)

which I think would be about 2am Monday morning for you… Is that right?

For your Seahawks… but don’t be a Bears hater, all I’m sayin’ Foot in mouth
I got to watch Da Bears beat up on the Falcons from the sidelines back in the day when The Fridge was playing. He was HUGE! I spent most of the game trying to make sure I didn’t get smooshed.
And we kind of like the Seahawks too, our high school quarterback is Whitehurst’s baby cousin. Go Hooch! State Champs Georgia 4A – UNDEFEATED!

• the last two weeks of the season and they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, not once, but twice, to go from leading their division to not even making the playoffs…..
  • Oh well, there is always college basketball, where my Alma mater is one of the 5 remaining undefeated teams.
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC. The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me! UNdead Knight! King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)! Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.

to much fun!

he didn’t get fined for this.

Come on Bells, we’ll cheer on DA BEARS together!

Life long Seahawks fan. And if Green Bay wins also Seattle will host the NFC championship game.

With a heart 2-sizes too small? (Course if it comes down to Bears v. Falcons or Steelers, they are TOAST!)

I’ve already got some plans with some friends here in town.

Will let you know Saturday.

blah, blah, blah. Does that mean you’re up for Tokbox or not?

You have 2 so far that don’t have a warm spot for the bears.

But if I’m gonna be home, may as well watch it with friends… even if some of them are rooting for the bad guys!

no warm spot, here.

his own hand!

Husband of Susan,

I’m sure we’ll be watching, but not sure we’ll be home. But if you set it up I’ll try to pop in from time to time. The big Guy likes Da Bears (and really, who doesn’t have a warm spot for Da Bears?) because he’s a Vanderbilt grad and you have 4 of the 5 NFL players from Vandy. Go Bears!

I think my plans for the game on Sunday just got a wrench thrown in them and I might be watching from home. Anyone up for watching the game on together on Tokbox???

Was not our last row entertainment enough!?!

I feel the same way. ZING! :P

WHATEVAH!!!!!!!!

Chicago sports fan. Bears, Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls. Except I’m a fan of the Cubs, and bella’s a fan of weak baseball.

during the Lynch run, and I’m sure my neighbors think I’m fucking psychotic with the sounds and screams that were coming from my apartment.

I scared the crap out of my cats from all the yelling I was doing.

I know this last season sucked, but I got a feeling

I love APC’s, so crunchy!!!

GO BEARS!

I’ll be interested to see what the Seahawks do v. Da Bears, but as my dad would say, “I don’t have a dog in that fight”
    Would LOVE to see the JETS beat the cheaterpants Patriots! And of course, I’m hoping for a Falcons v. Steelers SuperBowl.

Tongue out

So they can exact some revenge for the last time. Just so that the refs know that they have to call the game fair and not give the Favorite (Steelers) an advantage. Either that or them play the Jets.

Even Hass got down there and threw a block.

Would be a hell of a thing, regardless of it being at Qwest or down in Atlanta, if this team makes it all the way to the NFC title game.

They beat the Bears once already, so we know it can be done. But it’s the playoffs now, and as the Seahawks just showed, the regular season means squat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueR1TFFEt3g

(Lucky Raspberry!)

…this way they are going to be a tough out. Right now in rooting for the PAC to win out. If the win out and Seattle takes out the Bears then the Seahawks will host the NFC championship game.

That just fucking hilarious.

you know I love you, doll, but GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!

didn’t catch the scrotal tug in live action!

this makes the run that much more fucking awesome.Nuts!

for Hass to start playing like the Hass in his prime? He hasn’t looked that good in years.

I’m hoping, I really, really am that this was a case of a team hitting their stride…at the last game of the regular season. If they play like they did yesterday, they will give ANYONE in the post season a run for their money.

Since 2005, the NFC West is the most winning division in the NFL post season.

But, you know, the division sucks. Yell

the line forms to the right; now fall in to kiss my green and blue ass, motherfuckers!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Congrats to the Seahawks… now, I want to see how many times in the next game that the announcers tell us that the Seahawks are the first team with a losing record to make the playoffs. Oh yeah, and at the end of the game, new stat: Seahawks are first team with losing record to WIN a playoff game.

They had to many bad games. Like 9. But they did play well a few times. Like against the Bears.

SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS SEAHAWKS

…is just flat out amazing. Where the F have they been all year?

I’m amazed these commentators can call this game with their mouth full of Saints’ dick. Yell

cause I haven’t heard that factoid from every pundit, fan, or headline for the past week. :-p

With the worst season record to get in the playoffs…

I need to post a pic of the grandson (2) in his Steeler jersey and helmet. He’s been sleeping in it, so CUTE!!!!!

I just don’t see the Hawks taking it to the defending world champs.

But hey, it’s the post season and all bets are off, so Go Seahawks!

As I was watching the game. Just think they could make it to the Super Bowl. ……….. ::Wakes up from dream:: if the beat the Saints I will be amazed. With that being said. LETS GO SEAHAWKS!!!

I’m a Steeler Fan! I don’t need no stinkin smack talk!

Husband of Susan,

I”m looking for an atlanta Falcons vs. Steelers Super Bowl. (If someone can just beat those damn Patriots AKA Cheaterpants) And look at the Lions! 6 wins in the season. Very respectible. My apologies if I missed any other junkie favorites teams that made it to the playoffs…Speak up so we can all get in on the smack talking for the playoffs!

Really? Division Champs? This team?

….fuck it, at least it’s the post season.

…get a playoff team. I’m just think the division as a whole is pathetic this year. San Fran was suppose to walk a way with it and St. Louise and Seattle where going to be fighting for the bottom. But it is all turned around. Seattle needs to find a QB for the future. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the NFL changes the seeding rules after this, with the best wild card getting a home game if a division winner has a drastically worse record.

Said it a lot about when the Cardinals won the division for the first time…and guess what? According to Collinsworth, they were the worst team to ever make the post season; shocking when the “worst team to ever make the post season” comes within a play of winning the whole fucking show.

The playoffs are a whole different breed. Shitty teams can step up and great teams can fall apart.

If the NFL gets their shit in a twist and makes drastic changes because a big market team doesn’t make the post season over a smaller market team when using one of the easiest and most basic lines of playoff seeding out there (win your division, go to the tournament) , then fuck them two times.

…be the first time in history. I wasn’t expecting Seattle to do anything this year with a new coach and all the personnel moves they have made. But the way the whole division has played has be down right awful. I’m not sure that the NFC West deserves a play off team.

For an under .500 team to go to the playoffs. But what can you do?

flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

…can’t figure out how to play on the road. It looks as if 7-9 could win the NFC West. How pathetic can you get.

Get out there and kick some Raven Butt today!

And Go Lions! (on behalf of the FDO)

I agree on the Cowboys, at least in past years. But I would submit that the New England Patriots could also be a Man U — what with their cheating scandals and pretty-boy quarterback.

There’s a much better analogy in American baseball — the Yankees are absolutely the Man U., The Cubbies would probably be the Watford… I’m not knowledgeable enough about the money-ball stuff to pick Chelsea’s equivalence.

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id.=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

If the GD Lions keep up this progression (2008 – 0 wins, 2009 – 2 wins, 2010 – 4 or more wins). By the 2012 season they should be undefeated.

I told you guys the Hapless Bucs were worse than the Lions. (And ESPN Football today ranks Detriot as #22, not too shabby!)

Go Steelers!

…Seattle has finally figured out how to play this game. They have looked great in the 2nd half. And that is with 3 passing weapons out.

Casey Matthews would look good in Seahawk blue.

…I’ll end up watching more Lions games. At least the lions are trying to make a game out of it.

cheers FDO for the responce :)

However I don’t like the assinuation between my team, Watford, and those dirty scumbags from Newcastle! lol

Anywhoo that explains a fair amount, so what are the rules on buying and selling players? You say there is a cap on spending? A cap deffinatly sounds like something that we should try to do with football here in the UK, its really stupid the amount of money a team can spend on a player. For example Wayne (Shrek) Rooney (if you don’t know who he is think the most over rated player in the whole american football league) was apparently going to be sold to Manchester City (Same city different club……long story) for almost 100 million pounds which is something like 150 million US dolars. thing is the player isn’t even that good but the club has bottom less pockets due to their ownership and can afford anyone they want.

Personally it sucks, watford is owned by brit singer Elton John, however he couldn’t afford sweet FA so we can’t afford decent players or a manager who actually wants to do his job. Please Jebus for Christmas where we celebratet your supposed birthday let Watford be bouhgt by a Middle Eastern Oil Tycoon who is mad and has no idea about football :)

MANCHESTER UNITED = DALLAS COWBOYS
    There is no debate here. Cowboys have the money, players to try to get there to win, and players who are so full of themselves they will intentionally play poorly because they want to get their coach fired. But, they are not ManU because they “kick ass,” they are ManU because everyone is a fair-weather fan for them, and most of their fans aren’t from Dallas. People like them because (supposedly) they win, and those that don’t root for them hate them more than any other team. That’s ManU in a nutshell, pal.

CHELSEA = ?
    There isn’t really a comparison because of the NFL’s salary cap. Over the past seasons, that has helped teams stay farily even as far as how much they can spend on players. So, we don’t have one team out-spending all the others like the New York Yankees do in baseball.

WATFORD/NEWCASTLE = DETROIT LIONS
    I support the Lions because I’m from Michigan. I’ve always supported them and always will. See also: Cleveland Browns, Cincinatti Bengals.

I have no idea about american football (being from the UK) so who are the better teams? For example who would be your:

Manchester United (Being the team who pretty much kicks everyones ass!)

Chelsea (The ones with lots of Money who just buy themselves the best players to try to win)

Watford (The ones you have to support as thats where your from no matter how crap they are, yep if you haven’t guessed thats who I support.

Can you buy and sell players? Do you have transfer windows i.e you can only buy and sell players at set points during the season.

starting to think that they overachieved to start the year off this season.

On the plus side, that still gave them more wins then the whole of last year, so it’s not all bad.

one helluva game!!! GO BEARS!!!

lol….

ok, so they aren’t *the worst* team in the NFL. But can’t we just say they are? So much fun to pick on them Tongue out

Why am I not surprised?

I was expecting a little more out of them tonight.

But I’m not getting my hopes up.

… put an ass whooping on the Chargers.

I only watched a few minutes of the game. I keep up with the score on my phone.

Hopefully my parents tape it so I can finally watch a game.

And the Steelers STILL won. Sure, some of the flags were well earned, but DAMN! And then I’m watching the Giants game later and the were letting them play. Inequitiable umpiring.

Here’s my idea, if you don’t want the QB to get touched, then put some sort of sensor on him that when the defense gets within 1 inch, the play is done and it’s a sack. I’m glad the GFL let’s them play ealy gridiron football!

The turning point was that complete and total crock of herpes ladden, maggot infested, decomposing monkey scrotum bullshit clusterfuck of a “roughing the passer” call on Raheem Brock. That was the first stop the D had and would have given the O a hell of a chance to cut the lead.

All the momentum they had started building at that point went right straight to hell.

GGGGRRRRRRRRR

…shows up against N.O. If they play like they did against ARZ. last week they just pull off another road win.

Sorry, FDO, but it IS really funny. Tho I take exception to the “worst football team of all time” I want to see the stats. Oh look, here they are: http://www.profootballhof.com/UserFiles/file/2010_Final.pdf

Looks like the GD Lions have an overall winning percentage of .457, higher than the Houston Texans (.383), New Orleans Saints (.422), NY Jets (.455), the Hapless TB Bucs (.392 – PeeEwwww). So I submit that MY hometown team is the Worst NFL team of all time.

Steelers: .516 Yeah, Baby!

and it’s two-fold. First is because the FDO’s dear GD Detroit Lions are going down to my sandbagging Cowboys. And second because Comcast isn’t carrying the game here so I don’t even get to talk trash about it.

….I give you this Public Service Announcement video on being a Detroit Lions Fan. Sorry FDO…it’s funny ’cause it’s true :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJoRxT6B5g&feature=player_embedded

Sucking, but at least we managed a win against the Chiefs! Unforutnately, though, I haven’t even been able to watch any of their games. >_>

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

it wasn’t the Bears that snapped their losing streak! Oops! It was the GD Detroit Lions! Tongue out

…Seattle came to play today. The last 2 weeks have been hard to watch as a life long fan.

But they pulled it off thankfully. I’m not sure I could recover from an Oh-fer season.

…getting their first win today.

You’ll get no sympathy from this guy. :-)

Here we go! (Clap, Clap)

Dear Steelers, please beat the living crap out of the Patriots. Thanks!

though I called a long, nagging, season long injury for him when he was too busy holding out for more money while training camp was going on.
    It’s a noticable difference when the kid is in the game, but the problem is they keep rushing him back.

I want to see what he does next year when he makes the entire camp and can work on building up his strength and conditioning as opposed to coming in when everything is hot and wondering why he hurt himself.

He keeps getting hurt.

Vote here: http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

I thru a few votes to the GD Detroit Lions players too, but it’s a pretty Steeler-centric ballot. What else would you expect?

Man, do you have to make it so dramatic? I was soooo tired and you just wouldn’t sew it up so I could get some Zzzzzzz. Final second victories are pretty sweet tho. And anytime the Ravens lose, I’m happy happy!

Go Steelers!

I’m a Giants fan and am not yet buying the hype. They have not beat a good team yet and won’t play one until we see Philly. I’m thrilled to see Dallas and Washington imploding but sad to see Wade Phillips go as he was the biggest anchor on that team.

All praise the FDO!!!

This next offseason, your right, the D needs to be worked on. Plus get a QB for the future. I hope it’s not Locker from UW. I like the guys at Stanford and Iowa.

injuries are getting to them again.

The O-line still needs work. Okung needs to get healthy and Locklear needs to be given his walking papers.

The D…my god, just get 11 new guys out there. Well, 10, an yway. keep Thomas.

Very wise of him to get the points. So you both win, sort of. :-)

No too impressed with the game last night, but the score is all that matters! Go Steelers!

just fired their coach

actually have a worse record than the GD Detroit Lions this season. This is so embarrassing.

and bet to get the Sheb Stalkers in Tier 1! But sadly, according to Dragon*Con, the only way that is happening is over the FDO’s dead body. I wonder if Julie Andrews has any of those goodies she tried to poison him with left. . .

I guess I don’t have to say anything else.

Husband of Susan,

You’re a class act.

….are you getting a green sweatshirt or a white one? Make the FDO buy you one that has embroidery…none of that screenprinted crap. That’ll learn ‘em Tongue out

Browns fan here. All i gotta say is at least they’re not the Lions.

They just beat the Patriots today 34-14 tho so all is good for now.

…and actualy plays a good game.

I can totally relate to the FDO’s love for his Lions, after growing up with the Hapless Buccaneers (Yes, that’s their official name: the Hapless Tampa Bay Buccaneers).

An article of clothing? Who gets to choose the article? Why am I thinking speedo/bikini? Of course, as always: Pictures or it didn’t happen.

Go Steelers!

I am so over the Viking reality show that is going on this season that I’ve decided to root for various individuals to have good games. They may be on opposing teams but oh well.

1. Jared Allen and his groovy 70′s ‘stache. 2. Brett Favre because us old peoples have to stick together. 3. Clay Matthews and A.J. Hawk because they remind me of dearly departed Perry Dawsey. 4. Dan Carpenter since we share the same alma mater. 5. Any and all lit’l rookie quarterbacks that get to start this week.

The loser has to buy an article of clothing for the winner’s team? So like, if the Jets lose, A has to buy like a tshirt for the Lions? Just one tshirt? There’s a lot of guys on that team, are they going to take turns wearing the shirt or something? Who gets to wear it first, the starting QB? What about those huge linemen? I mean, if she just gets an XL, those monsters are going to stretch it out big-time before the kickers even get to wear it, but if she gets an XXXL to accommodate the line, then it’ll just hang off the kickers like a toga.

*This smartass comment has been brought to you by Tamdhu scotch.*

Okay, so they’re an Arena Football team, which isn’t really like real football, but they’re the closest thing to professional football we have here in Oklahoma.

Thanks to the Sunday Ticket and that I’m not workinging Sundays any more. I can now watch Seattle play every game. I can only hope that this Sunday’s game again the Giants goes better then it did against Oakland.

This Sunday is the first “Dark Øverlord Bowl,” where my beloved GD Detroit Lions take on ARealGirl’s New York J-E-T-S JETS-JETS-JETS!

Loser has to buy the winner an article of clothing for the winner’s team.

Since we have a College Trash Talk thread, I thought we might get a little NFL thread going too.

Go Steelers! I happen to think the loss last week to the Saints will do them good. They didn’t look sharp and that was a good wake-up call. Now on to destroy the rest of the competition and bring home a 7th (Seventh!) Trophy.

Anywhoo, I was impressed to see the GD Detroit Lions getting some good press: http://det.scout.com/2/1018216.html

With the SF Giants winning and the Lions already at 2 wins for the season, things are looking good for the FDO’s favorites.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.