This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rich Evanko Rich Evanko 4 years, 9 months ago.

Are the EarthCore baddies the same as those in Contagious?

• Profile photo of Rich Evanko
    Profile photo of CPK IrishmanFromOhio

The Irishman from Ohio

Profile photo of Rich Evanko

From the description of the Rocktopi it seems they are smaller and less massive than what was coming through the gate. Plus, the last of the Rocktopi species are hidden underground in places on Earth while obviously the gate creators are still wherever they came from. There are similarities in the search for a new home planet though. Hmm, Battlestar Gallactica plotline anyone? Then again the Ki don’t have a need for a new home like the description in Contagious so I have no freakin idea what the hell they were.

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

are the Ki.  The "Salamanders", the line men from the Rookie.

(and the thing they were hiding from was the Sklorno…)

Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?

Western Carolina Catamounts Sports update:

WCU Baseball lost to Tennessee 5-1 last night, and will host Kennesaw State tonight in Cullowhee

Profile photo of Andy Cohen

Remember the RocktopiThey were kinda like castoffs or something and they were hiding from someone or something right? As I recall, they were described as having piramid like bodies with mouths in the center…   just like the big baddies that try to get though the gate.  ???

Profile photo of CPK IrishmanFromOhio

The Irishman from Ohio

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

In Contagious/Infected, they are Ki, not rocktopi

Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?

Western Carolina University Catamount Sports Update:

The Catamounts rule the fucking universe!

Profile photo of Andy Cohen

For me it’s been a REAL long time since Earthcore… but it’s hard to forget the awesome images of the octopdies thinges scrambling through their tunnels… yet the descriptions of the things coming through the gates in Infected and Contageous sound the same in shape… based on the very few descriptions we have heard to date.  Are these the same beings?  Do we have a intra book connection?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.