This topic contains 20 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pons Matal Pons Matal 6 years, 2 months ago.

Anyone else "update" itunes?

• Profile photo of Pons Matal

And I have never had any troubles updating iTunes. My Daughter runs Win2k and she’s never had a problem either. Could be some type of file corruption on his computer

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

Profile photo of J.P.

No issues here. Not sure what happened to your junk. Are you running iTunes on an Apple or a PC?

– “The adverb is not your friend.” -Stephen King, “On Writing”

Profile photo of Shiraz Zia

I’d only been using iTunes for podcast management until this release…

read up on the new Genius feature and added my entire library..

I’m impressed, iTunes is the 1st music manager that hasn’t choked on a library larger than 70k mp3s

Plus Genius actually does take the thinking out of making a kickass playlist from your own collection.

just my 2cents

Running XP on this machine.

In the immortal words of Socrates "I Drank What?!"

Profile photo of sadock

I think it’s going to bite them in the ass if they keep this shit up. From what I’ve been hearing, all the issues are between PCs and iTunes. Apple is trying to lock people into using all of their stuff. And this certainly isn’t the first time it’s happened. They apologize and fix it, but then it happens again on the next big revision. What they did with Safari was even worse.

Utinni!! Jawas shop Podiobooks.com for undiluted
     crack from our Future Dark Overlord. Utinni!!

Profile photo of sadock

Some people say they’re lovely <snickers>

Profile photo of sadock

Vista is kind of like playing Russian roulette. It worked fine for some folks, and caused no end of problems for others. 

Profile photo of sadock

and he’s never wrong….

Profile photo of sadock

The only issues I’ve ever had is that they sometimes make things *too* simple. I had to unlearn things from when I used a PC.

Profile photo of Wolf

once I got all the bugs worked out. My wife still runs XP on her "damned old fucking peice of shit!" I have to shoo her back to her own office when I have work to do. 

"In remission for 35 days. YeeHaw!"

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

iTunes that is. I just never get around to it.

G-Man

When life gives you lemons, make applesauce. -Angelica Pickles

Profile photo of J. Vargas

I use xp and got the BSOD after updating to version 8.0 of itunes.  Every time it would attempt to sync, BLAM!! I’d get the blue screen and my system would reboot. 

Fortunately, I simply uninstalled Quicktime and itunes, reinstalled and everything worked after.  But man, Apple has really gone south since I use to own a Mac.

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

i run XP and have no real issue with iTunes on my pc (it just makes it run REAL SLOW, a dead snail could beat it in a race)
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Pons Matal

(Also have used Vista x86) Been using it for quite awhile and have had no problems.  Had been using XP before upgrading. I actually like it better than XP.

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I’ll have a witty and blistering retort! You’ll be devastated THEN!

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

No, not running Vista I’m still using XP!  It will be interesting to see if anyone else is using Vista.  That might give me another reason to not put Vista on my computer!!!!!

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Profile photo of Justin Crumpler

so basically its just me thats cursed.  Is anyone else running the dreaded Vista? thats the only other thing I can think of that would have caused all this.  I hate to say this but maybe I just need to finally…. *cringe* *cough getamac cough*  I need a new laptop anyway, so… *shrugs*

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

Mine updated OK as well.  However, I don’t like the new 8.0 format!

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Profile photo of michelle mcmichael

i updated and aside from it taking like 4 days to put my games on my ipod it was fine.   

Profile photo of Pons Matal

As far as I can see everything I had prior to the upgrade is still in my library.

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I’ll have a witty and blistering retort! You’ll be devastated THEN!

Why must i be cursed for my choice of computer platform! damn you microsoft and not coming up with iPods first!

Profile photo of sadock

but I delete the stuff out of the Siggie feed as I [make them for/get them from] Podiobooks. Might also be a PC vs. Mac thing. I’ve heard that iTunes occasionally fraks up PCs when it updates.

Because right now i feel like a total dumbass.  The latest update wiped all my playlists, and has totally screwed up all my podcasts.  Apparently ancestor is somehow included under "ancestor.com – research your heritage" which i have never and will never subscribe to.. but i guess since they have similar names??!??  Some of my podcasts have split into what looks like 3 different feeds, and the Bloodcast has disappeared entirely.  Please FDO riegn some firey triangle ridden death down upon iTunes dev staff.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.