This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of nilling nilling 4 years ago.

Anybody got a Garmin GPS?

• Profile photo of nilling

Back in the day your could replace the original sound files of the fitted SD card. Now they use TomTom Home PC app to get voices onto their devices. Some of these voices are free and have been submitted by users. #justathought

aka nilling

Profile photo of Don Wensel

great idea. Im gonna have to check to see if i can use something like this on mine!

Profile photo of Ricky Craig

Pretty sure that my Tom Tom One doesn’t allow me to do that. I can get other voice packages for it though, for a price. I just can’t make them. Never tried to use one that wasn’t pre-installed though how hard can it be?

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

You to record your own. but garmin has the voice Studio (free) and you just record the stuff. I’m going to keep working on this. Will let you all know how it goes.

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Leeja Einglett

I didn’t know you could get voices for satnav’s. Wow, I gotta get my nose out of a book more. I know that many of you may not know who this is…but one of my coworkers has a Dale Earnhardt Jr. (yes, the Nascar driver) satnav, and yes, it’s him giving directions. When she told me that, I couldn’t help but ask her….”does it only tell you to turn left?”

Profile photo of Doc Coleman

Did you have to pay for it?

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Profile photo of Gmork

…as my Garmin voice right now, but I would drop him like a hot potato for a version with the FDO’s voice. I can just hear it now…

“…take the next left, bitches!”

“…roundabout ahead. How do they work?!?!?”

Keep us updated, ‘cos this sounds good!

Profile photo of Belladonna420

Including The Rookie and some other gems… Now I just need some time to put this together. It will NOT be a young adult version… so if you’re easily offended, well you know how it goes.

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

I like this idea, I like it a lot. Mostly because Tom Tom keep trying to sell me Homer sodding Simpson as an extra voice for my SatNav. The first thing that sprung to my mind when you suggested this was names. Charachter names. It could be so amazingly bad ass.

OK, I just got my Garmin nuvi (it sooo cute) and I found out that there’s a free (FREE) app to let you record your own voice directions. And I was thinking that with all the hours and hours of podcasting that there’s gotta be some great Sigler voices that we could clip and put together… Promoting the FDO and furthering his goal of world domination (aren’t we all becoming sheep to our GPS devices?)

Could be a tedious project, but oh how fun when we are done. Any objections FDO or A? Of course the files would be made available for you to post on the site or however you wanted to distribute.

Wonder if I’ll have to make a YA version and a full-on explicit version? Cousin Frankie giving directions would Rock (except when my mother is in the car).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.