This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Jason Williamson Jason Williamson 4 years, 8 months ago.

Any real UFC fans? Or The Ultimate Fighter fans

I was just looking to bullshit about the UFC and in particular The Ultimate Fighter series on Spike.

Please write about anything involving MMA Fighting and the UFC! I look forward to all of your comments regarding this sport and the people in it!

And I noticed watching next weeks preview after the new episode (11/19) that they showed Kimbo walking into the ring without his hairnet and he did not do that in the previous fight. So in other worlds Kimbo will get a second chance and given the first fight he was in he deserves it. 

With that said, I would like to add that I was not a Kimbo fan at all before he got on this show but his personality and determination has grown on me! I listen to him and realize that he may be a brawler but he has an inner perspective about himself and spirituality and philosophy that is very engaging and proves that men that make their living with their fist are not idiots or egotistical all the time. And I think that one day he will write a book or dictate one that will make people open there eyes to what fighters can be like in this day in age!  

I wish him the best in the UFC and hope that he gets the chance to be a warrior and role model for people of all types! 

Festina Lente (Make Haste Slowly)

Dark Knight Marine General

Jayguana

Roy Nelson needs to stay out of the ufc. It sucks that he made it to the finals, I just hope that he gets his ass handed to him!

Jayguana

And it pains me to say that I’m a wrestler and am embarressed that they’ve taken lay and pray to a whole new level.  Even Randy Couture has gotten to the point where he worries more about control as opposed to damage (but then again, that guy’s 4 years shy of a half a century, so he gets props for continuing to fight). It just boggles my mind that back in the day, the wrestlers would at least keep the ground and pound going.  Dan Severn, Mark Coleman, Mark Kerr, these guys were wrecking machines when they got on top of you (but, by the same token, Severn’s weapon of choice was kneeing the shit out of you in the head and Coleman had a nasty headbutt, both moves no illegal in the states) and weren’t content just to ride it out, even when they went from an unlimited time frame to rounds and judges (trivia: Severn won the first UFC bout that used judges.  Kudos to those who know who he fought and the event…without using google). 

Josh Koschkeck is a prime example of a wrestler who has learned to strike.  His nickname used to be “Blanket” as he just held you down and kept you warm for 15 minutes, but he has done well in expanding his game. 

Jake Shields, on the other hand, not so much. To end on a totally different tangent, the scoring system in the US will always favor wrestlers as the commentators will do all that they can to tell you that the guy on the bottom is no way in a submissive position to the guy on top, but the judges seem to think that laying on top of a guy = winning the fight.

the trick to staying sane is to just out-crazy the world

ufc fight tonight on Spike tv. Check your local listings and take a look.

Jayguana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.