This topic contains 33 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Shawn Smith-Ford Shawn Smith-Ford 4 years, 4 months ago.

Ancestor Fin Soup

• Profile photo of Shawn Smith-Ford

when the Boxed ancestor frozen dinners show up in stores, the advertising tagline will be:

“that sure as *FUCK* ain’t no cow!!!”

Profile photo of Peter Braat

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

Profile photo of Pons Matal

I think pretty much by now you should be the de-sensitized one. :)

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

Profile photo of J.P.

I thought it was ‘don’t mess with Texas.” And hermaphrodites. Don’t mess with them either. They’re scary like circus clowns.

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

Profile photo of Barbara Jungbauer

What’s the old expression?  Don’t mess with recombinant DNA unless you’re really sure of what you’re doing!

Tastes Like Chicken

Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Profile photo of J.P.

Gordon Ramsey is ass juice compared to you. YOU’RE THE CHEF! (PS: I don’t actually know what “ass juice” is, but it’s bad. Trust me.)

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

I sorta have developed an aversion to it. I guess it was from the high dose recieved in my mothers cooking. I can eat some food seasoned with it, but like you do not care much for the taste.

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

I don’t like the taste of it…

My Mother uses nutmeg on all her veggies. And She uses alot. I tease her that my Brothers, Sisters and I hallucinated half our childhood away because of it!

which dutch person did not eat that when he/she were young..

stamppot, good on cold winters day.

[brood en brood met brood tussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

Profile photo of J.P.

You must enjoy a good dirty gin martini while you’re cookin':

- 3 oz gin (Bombay Blue Sapphire is preferred. Second choice: Tanqueray. For a milder martini with less of a juniper bite, use Boodles British Gin.)
    - 1 oz dry vermouth
    – a splash of olive brine
    - 3 queen olives on a wooden toothpick (not one of those crappy colorful plastic ones)
    - shake (don’t stir!) and serve in a frosted martini glass!

Gin: the official drink of the Rookie Universe! ENJOY!

– “Everything takes longer than it does.” -Me

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

the dutch "cuisine" is not definable as a specific cuisine, typically dutch food usually consists of mashed potatoes with cabbage and meat all mixed together. It doesn’t sound apetizing and it isn’t. I’m not a big fan of Dutch food, I’m more of a french cuisine chef. The restaurant I work also has a french cuisine. 

Profile photo of ogreoregon

As a chef, what is your speciality?  What are some special Dutch favorite foods? 
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

Profile photo of Doug Warren

Living within distance to Louisiana means I know cajun quisine.  The ancestors wouod be perfect for gumbo.  Those damn cajuns would eat the whole thing, probably just like a turducken. It oulw probably consist of a Nessie stuffed with an Ancestor, stuffed with a Chupacabra.

Yummy

Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Ancestor Fin Soup – serves 6

16-oz Ancestor fin

4 dried black mushrooms
    2 scallion stalks
    Fresh ginger root
    2 tbsp sherry
    4 cup water
    1 chicken breast
    2 scallion stalks
    3 tbsp oil
    5 cup stock
    1 tsp salt
    2 tbsp sherry
    2 tbsp cornstarch
    1 cup Stock

Soak dried mushrooms.
    Trim scallion stalks; slice ginger root and combine in a pan with chopped ancestor fin, sherry and water.
    Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Drain ancestor fin, discarding liquid, scallions and ginger root.
    Meanwhile skin, bone and shred chicken breast. Shred soaked mushrooms; cut remaining scallions in 2-inch sections.
    Heat oil. Brown scallion sections lightly and discard. Add chicken shreds and stir-fry until they lose their pinkness (about 1 minute).
    Add stock, salt, ancestor fin, mushrooms, and remaining sherry. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
    Blend cornstarch and remaining cold stock; then stir in to thicken soup, and serve.

Profile photo of Thomas Reed
    Profile photo of Doug Warren

I think that you would probably want to eat triangles like popcorn, by the handfulls.  Wither that or in a bowl with milk, like breakfast cereal.

You know how to disconcert a junkie … and I’m a female.
    Tastes Like Chicken

Profile photo of ogreoregon

What about all the bugs and rotten fish stuff the survivor cast had to eat.  Now I’m waiting for Triangle stew….with parsnips…….. snips.. snips… snips.
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

-with LOTS of jalapenos
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

-who’s got the recipe??
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Dan Fay

Sorry accidental repost, um hopefully they dont taste like crap otherwise well have discovered and recreated an ancestor for nothing cept death rather than food as well :)

Profile photo of Dan Fay

Sounds gooood. Wonder what they taste like?

Profile photo of Dan Fay

Sounds gooood. Wonder what they taste like?

Fracking double postage!
    Tastes Like Chicken

Profile photo of James Keeling

Just like chicken!  p.s.  watch out for the bones…

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

I was sitting there thinking about the Ancestors getting off the island and how difficult it would be to fight them.  My mind pondered when they’d reach sexual maturity and start mating.  Could they mate?  Would the offspring be the same creature?
    And then, I thought of all the restaurants in the UP who would start serving Ancestor Fin Soup.  yummmm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.