This topic contains 97 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Terry Lee Terry Lee 3 years, 8 months ago.

All you hardcore commenters and forum peeps – READ THIS!

I’m bad about the hard returns, I will endevour to use up less space in the future.

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Sorted.
– Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum

Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue

:)

Sounds like good advice. (*shrugs off backpack and lays down in dirt, using backpack for a pillow) I guess this could work. (*lights pipe & draws) I mean, I want to please the FDO (speaking smokey words as he offers you a hit) want some?

-must remeber to bring items
http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

But it would be horribly inappropriate and in bad taste… So those who know, chuckle quietly to yourselves, to those that don’t forget I even mentioned it….  Sorry Treed, couldn’t stop the synapses from firing…   

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

What are you feeding your kids? I didn’t reach 6’2" until I was 17sih …Tsolo888 <AKA Cpt. Travis Ellis> – Out, Click here to Digg Infected

Protection for the FDO!  Get him to wear a dark jacket, put some mirrored shades on him, have him stand 1ft back and to the right of Sigler cocking his head to the side with his hand to his ear like he’s got a communicator there… Perfect bodyguard pose…  That would be cool… 

-i am bringing wife and my two babies (13 and 15) along…(btw, the 15 yr old is 6’1"+  so i plan on getting a pic of him and siggy next to each other and possibly posting that pic here. how’s that for a deathwish?)

Synaptic Jam does the "smart" thing… rare, but it does happen… 

"Tartan" refers to the pattern, while a "plaid" is actually a garment; a sort of "kilt on steroids" – the over-the-shoulder thing they wore in Braveheart (and don’t get me started on THAT thing). I love my adopted Scottish heritage. :D [I think, therefore I'm right. -Hugo Rune]

I can be on the factory floor, specifying just what kind of plaid I want on the tanks, and STILL fuss about footers!

I am spreading the word of Master Sigler- Even posted the Randomhouse link on my PipeForum….and he fusses about the FOOTER?  Shouldn’t he be getting tanks painted and preparing the interogation chambers? 

Keep up a good tradition- Smoke a pipe….

tell the wife mumo means no harm………..DO IT TREED, OR ELSE!!!!

He really is, mumo says he wishes he was Sigler’s bitch

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

-she read a few of the comments in the forum and got mad at mumo00, he’d better watch himself in houston, wifey can get fierce (not that i have experienced it myself, you understand, just witnessed it, ya, that’s the ticket, just a by-stander)

So Sigler’s bitch (pardon my french)…   

Tsolo888 <AKA Cpt. Travis Ellis> – Out, Click here to Digg Infected

I am totally caught up in my self-perception.

You are the nattering na-bob of narcissism.  Bitch bitch whine moan… 

But we take it…. Why?  Because you’re a woman!  Well, not really, but you are.

That’s why we take it, and take it, and take it!  Cause you’ve got it, we don’t and we need it!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!! 

-Dude, you are no "fusser" RANTER, yes ………….

"fussing?" Yes, I am a fusser.

-since he "fussed" at us about commenting on the main page

Looking forward to it. 

It sounds like you were in a lot of the same places I was at the same time. I served from 94-99 and was stationed at Vicenza for most of the time, we trained at Graffen-whore two times a year. I will save the rest of the stories for the Houston trip so we don’t bloat the thread :)…Tsolo888 <AKA Cpt. Travis Ellis> – Out, Click here to Digg Infected

This was the tent city in Incirlik Turkey by an established base…  Made it much easier…  I do remember one time at Graffenweir for Atlantic Resolve in 94′ that was much more like what you had.

I blame it on work and will do better in the future. …Tsolo888 <AKA Cpt. Travis Ellis> – Out, Click here to Digg Infected

Thats the problem with being first in, we never got to enjoy the cool stuff. When I was in tent city it was about 20 tents and a rec area that had a ping pong table in it. Then when we secured Tuzla airbase nothing was there except frozen mud. when we turned over control to the Tankers 72 days later (It was supposed to be a 14 day mission, but thats another story) they were just starting to build a small PX. …Tsolo888 <AKA Cpt. Travis Ellis> – Out, Click here to Digg Infected

Call me curious.

• "We may have days, we may have hours. But sooner or later, we all push up flowers…" -Grim Fandango

Mumo fears the wrath of granny, although Ogreoregon does’nt appear old enough to be my granny.

Nice job with Nocturnal.  Your trading spots with JC on a monthly basis for number of hits on your websites.  I predict you’ll pull ahead comfortably after April 1 and the book tour.

I once watched my Grandmother chase my little brother out of the house, around the yard and then up a tree.  She proceeded to whup his no-good ass right there in the top branches.  What was I doing? Laying the grass enjoying the show.
Never mess with a grandma.Tastes Like Chicken

Wallerdad and Mumo may be all kinds of screwed up now, but they were raised right…  and nobody but nobody messes with Grandma! 

Back when the Civil Engineers were rebuilding the runway at Lakenheath, they had an excellent party wherein you got a free beer if you stepped into their quarters and hollared, "Looked level to me!"
Okay, not as funny … but still free beer.
Tastes Like Chicken

ogreoregon’s sig line: *I’m Rear Admiral but Sigler’s the BOSS*
I’m amazed the Mummoo and Wallerdad haven’t focused in on that ‘rear admiral’ thing.  It just sounds like an easy opening can of worms.
Tastes Like Chicken

Hurrah!  I’m first!
Tastes Like Chicken

If they live, they live.

great hardcover version of Infected to read, newbies to welcome, and abuse….it’s going to be so much fun!

we WILL comply
[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

lol its not as if that post doesnt have enough comments… 

Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

No prob just trying to do some good for the sake of the siglerverse 

Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

I COMPLY

-and she burst out laughing "You have SPACE HERPES and didn’t tell me?"

Nothing to see here. Lets all just move along now. 

"Just shut the fuck up and do yer job, asshole!"

-your wish is our command (or some such nonsense)

Very good Jam.

LOL 

Sounds like a post to push over to another thread…

HA!  So….  I’ll post a comment like "Yeah, Mumo is an anal fissure, Here’s a link to a forum post about fixation with all things rectal!  http://www.scottsigler.com/node/931" now have at it!

I wonder where the anal fissure that’s named mumo is

I must be one of the insane ones.  And for the record, you can be the proverbial hemmoroid in my ass any time… Just don’t grow eyeballs and shit like that…  We’ll do the best we can to police ourselves and try to hook the noobs as well…  

No argument there. Space herpes.

Sorry Boss…BTW Ice Pirates IS a classic!!!! 

Ladies & Gents,

First of all, the Ice Pirates is a hands-down classic. 

Second, only the most tested, dilligent (and insane) Junkies are reading this particular thread. So this is from me to you.

For the next 4-6 weeks, Crown is going gah-gah with media coverage and advertising. We’re going to be drawing 1.4 metric pissloads of new people to this site. If I can lock in 25% to 50% of these new visitors, that will put the road to World Domination in sight.

So, for the next 4-6 weeks, please try to move secondary conversations into the forums. I want to keep the blog comments focused on the blog content, at least as much as we can. This is so new people can feel the excitement you all feel about the actual stories. It should also help to add more voices to the story-related conversation.

So, when the huge Ice Pirates thread comes up, just post a comment like "Ice Pirates is a classic! Here’s a link to a forum post about the movie" then have at it !

Sorry to be a pain in the ass – world domination requires anticipating when new recruits will be lining up to swear allegiance, and making sure they don’t chicken out and go get some McNuggets instead.  

Spankings for everyone!!!!!! 

too much of pain in the arse so I am going Spartan and taking out my signature line … wait, better stop with the talk of arses … I can already hear jam getting excited for another spanking

i second that motion

holy shit! now thats funny spam!

The matron of the forums…  We’re here for you… 

so I don’t mind being fussed at,  I love this place, I feel at home. It’s like the friendly neighborhood pub..full of people who like scifi and horror, who are a little strange and unusual and very entertaining.  I can enjoy all that  and listen to the best of new talent, This includes the many people from the PODCASTING UNIVERSE that I found out about just by being here, and I can help spread the word for the coming of THE SIGLER UNIVERSE.
*I’m Rear Admiral but Sigler’s the BOSS*

Thanks…for taking the time to care.  it’s much appriciated

I used to go to this bar in tent city run by Civil Engineering (50cent beers – Heaven I tall yaz!), there was this guy named Joe, and for one whole night everyone who walked in the door got a free beer if he yelled "Happy Divorce Joe!"  It was awesome!   

TGFD=Thank God for Divorce…LOL

I can taste the editing now.  Tastes sort of chalky.
Tastes Like Chicken

Of course she’s watching, she’s always watching!  That’s what being married or having children is all about?  Sure psychoanalysts may say it’s all about self actualization, the innate need for bonding, and all that, but when it really comes down to it… well… you know….

-she might be watching

Being in a constant state of "in trouble"?  Yes dear, whatever you say dear, what do I need to do to not get yelled at today dear?….. 

-i am married, i am in trouble

I think what Treed needs is a good spanking… Yes, you must spank him, spank him soundly, and then… you must spank me…   And wallerdad, and mumo… yes, you must spank us all, and then we shall commence with the   "_____  ___!" 

You got in trouble!!!Cry

I’m here for YOU!  

-even if he is fussing at you………..lol

-but you do send multiple notifications (via email) to those who subscribe to the topic (as sigler found out from my constant editing)

-so i will do my part (i think) Am thinking of resizing avatar (picture)

and how to do what you said to do, I will do what you said… I think I got it!
*I’m the Rear Admiral but Sigler’s the BOSS*

I’d go back and check all my posts and edit any needing correction, but we know what happens to crack hits then.  YIKES!
Tastes Like Chicken

And my OCD ass is keeping it that way.
——————————————–
I think, therefore I’m right. -Hugo Rune

I don’t get it, but whatever you want…

a SINGLE line!

Hope this helps Great Bald One

ps wallerdad better read this… his is like 4 lines i think… 

Pulsar has looked at the double-return thing, no way to fix it. So a little extra step for your hardcore Junkies, but I do appreciate it.

but i didn’t now about the double line space when you hit enter. will make better use of the shift-enter when and if i put in a line space, (will also edit signiture to remove the list format for signature)

You all rock the hizzy. No question. However, you hardcore commenters need to help us out a little bit. Some of you have shortened your footer to a single line, and for that, you’re promoted to the second human wave. I want to make as many comments as possible visible at one time, which means I need you to tighten up your comments.

Here’s what I need you guys (Treed, this means you) to do to help us out.

1. Please make your footer a SINGLE line! Yeah, you have to edit and make it concise. Welcome to my world, I have to edit crap all the time. 
  2. Try not to use returns/line breaks as punctuation. I know you’re seperating your thoughts, looks cool, but just takes up too much vertical space. If you want to get several thoughts into one commet, try using ellipses ( … ) between them. The returns/line breaks are chewing up a ton of space on the page. 
  3. If you must use a line break or return, use a "soft" one. This site takes any return and makes it two lines of a break, not one. If you hold down shift-return, however, it’s a normal one-line break. This will help out a lot.
  4. Make sure you don’t have a return at the end of your footer. Some people (that means you, Admiral) have an accidental return at the end of your footer, which ads not one, but TWO lines. So go into the footer and make sure there is no return at the end.

That’s it for now, you Damn Dirty Junkies!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.