This topic contains 58 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Gmork Gmork 4 years, 2 months ago.

All four of our Parsec entries were selected as finalists

Isn’t that a good enough reason to nominate a story?

Proud member of GirlCo!

I guess people either didn’t like the other ones or didn’t understand the way the nomination process works.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

I have to say that would be very cool for me if that one won, since I was KISS(ed) by the FDO in that one!!! Still can’t get over the fact that my name was used in a story. That is just very exciting!

Proud member of GirlCo!

Maybe they can find the video sprites and divert them *prior* to the banquet Wink I still haven’t seen any of the footage that was shot (?) from 2008 or 2009. Those goblins succeeded in jinxing TwoWire last year. He was my secret weapon, but the little pixies sabotaged his equipment via his brother Cry

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

missed this earlier but I’m checking it out now! It will be neat to see the results at Dragon*Con too!
    ———–
    Gmork – Wiki Czar and Thwackacutioner

———————————————————-

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

“But I’m always dreaming. Even when I’m awake.”

But you don’t have to post them just for me.

Proud member of GirlCo!

———————————————————-

I STILL can’t read that scene without holding my breath and gritting my teeth! Surprised

Just want you to know that you are appreciated and adored! At least by me, your biggest fan!

Proud member of GirlCo!

It was an excellent triangle removal scene, followed by the triangles ‘thinking’ for the first time, and then the FEED US scene. ———————————————————-

paralleling it to the early scene at the bar when Perry is talking about how he would have never made it w/o Bill.

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

Take a look at this… Ohhh pretty red what is it? sizzles……. :)

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Twice Over!

Showing the map and ruler to the triangle, or — when he fries it on the burner! Bet that smelled lovely!

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

But (no pun intended) I laugh everytime I think about Perry showing the ruler to the triangle on his butt!

———————————————————-

For king and country and all that.

———————————————————-

Please keep offering your favorites Junkies! We want our submission to be the best it can be. Long Form is the major Parsec category we have NOT won yet.

———————————————————-

I still like the scene in the bathroom in which Perry pulls out the (I think) the first triangle. Then the damn thing wiggling on Perrys wrist! The sound it made when it came out and it spatting on the mirror. Ewwww!

I really like the detached coldness of the fatty Patty scene, The way he just sits there and watches it like a kid watching ants burn! Its just got a creep factor for me there is no humanity in it!!

Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum

Jayguana

In which Perry is pining bills hands to the wall with knives? Thinking Bill was a covert part of what was happening. I always thought that was a strong scene as Bill was Perry’s best friend and a life line/great calming factor in Perry’s life. It showed me the strength of the triangles to induce a paranoia on Perry even as with his and Bill connection and also Perry ability to resist them to some degree. The normal Joe just didn’t stand a chance. That we found out as the story developed.

———————————————————-

The scene at the beginning where dees partner is killed is pretty good as it shows the homicidal nature of the triangles. Also the scene where the college kid (the painter) starts sketching triangles and the pictures of other hosts.

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

I must have been *quite* tired when I created this post. I normally don’t have any problem with those. Cest la vie, everyone makes mistakes. One reason I’m thankful for the Junkie Horde.

shouldn’t it be >2 but <7 = novella?

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

….. shouldn’t that be <2 hrs = short form?

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

For short form – novella

an excerpt from my nomination comment

“Title fight is a wild romp through the future of mixed martial arts. Sigler paints a thoroughly amazing tale which can’t help but engage the reader while artfully tying in with the already intricately woven realm that is known as the “siglerverse.”. If there ever was any doubt of sigler’s genius, this ten-episode novella will dispell all detractors.”

I’ve nominated four Short Form pieces so far:

• Two Erotica a la Carte pieces: “Release Me” by Tee Morris & “Tears Such as Angels Weep” by Chris Lester
    • Two Paul Cooley Fiendling stories: “Momma” and “Canvas”

Just a tech-tard moment, I guess. Good choice

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

That don’t give too much away…These are from the 2008 podcast of Infected.

Chapter 41-45, 15:00 to 19:00 when Dew shows Margaret and Otto the paintings of the arches by Get Gwen (sp?).

Chapter 46 – visit from Al the neighbor 1:30 to 4:30 — Columbo!

Chapter 59 – 63 – 12:00 -15:06 Perry gets a pep talk from Daddy.

Chapter 68-72 – 15:15 – 17:10 Dew sees Perry’s apt — “couch potato Jesus”

that’s the M size flickr image…. click on it and it should open full size. Tongue out

Pusher, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Long Form – Infected

Novella Form – Title Fight

Short Form – It was a toss up between The Tank and Dr. Erun Wellington, but I went with The Tank.

Anthology Podcast – The Crypt Book 01

Like I can read that mice type…

I actually got that from Google Books…… my copies are at home but I knew exactly which scene I wanted to give you!

Thanks for giving me a scene!

Wasn’t sure if anyone would see that blurb at the end.

Page 139

[flickr-photo:id=4534835501,size=m][flickr-photo:id=4534835587,size=m]

You can nominate it and we might get lucky, but I don’t think it will make it through. THE ROOKIE had it’s run in 2007 (before my time); NOCTURNAL competed in 2008; CONTAGIOUS made the finals in 2009. I’m hoping we can score a win with INFECTED this year.

Sadock is the Rookie re-release eligible for nomination? I believe that the re-release happened in September 2009…

• Title Fight
    • Kissyman & the Gentleman

• The Tank
    • Washington DC
    • Angel of Death
    • Dr. Erun Wellington
    • Master Chief Billy Kinshasa

If you want to nominate THE CRYPT BOOK 01 as an Anthology, go for it. It qualifies there too, and that will keep it from going head to head with INFECTED.

Okay, since a few of you requested I post what we submitted, here you go:

Title Fight – Best Novella

The Tank – Best Short Story

The Crypt: Book One – Best Anthology

Infected – Best Novel

That’s all we got nominated for this year. I was surprised no one nominated Kissyman & the Gentleman or any of the other eligible Crypt stories. Cest la vie. Made my job fairly easy this year Tongue out

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The thing I really need y’all’s help on is your favorite scenes from INFECTED. It’s the only story that’s been confirmed as eligible for a Parsec award thus far. It’s a long story, don’t worry about it. Point is, we know it’s in so I can start working on it. And if someone could nominate it for Long Form that would be awesome.

What I’m looking for is up to 6 scenes (I’ll probably use 4) totalling not more than an hour which demonstrate how awesome the podcast/book is. Can you help me out? Junkie army HO!

Parsec Promo #1 Parsec Promo #2 No idea if JC and Scott are going to do one this time around.

OJ’s you know the drill. 2J’s may or may not. 3J’s almost certainly don’t. So let’s review:

Please go to the Parsec Awards site and nominate the FDO’s stories you liked which were originally podcast between May 1st, 2009 and April 30th, 2010. You can find category descriptions and eligibility requirements there as well. Be warned that they have mixed things up a bit. If you want the cliff notes version (not 100% accurate), Scott’s novels go in Long Form, everything else goes in Short Form. They’ve changed the divisions to look like this:

Audio lenth of:

• < 2 hours = Short Form
    • > 2 hours but < 7 hours = Novella Form
    • > 7 hours = Long Form

Miscellaneous notes:

• If something has more than two voice actors, it gets tossed into the audio drama brackets. I don’t think Scott had anything like that this year. I might be wrong.
    • THE CRYPT is not a book (Long Form) for Parsec purposes. We began entering the stories independently so we’ll finish up Book 01 that way. Nominate every story as a short (unless one tops 2 hours, but I don’t think any do). If you want to nominate it for Anthology go ahead (it fits the criteria), but I don’t want it competing against INFECTED in Long Form

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.