This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dwight Eldred Jr. Dwight Eldred Jr. 1 year ago.

Alive Promoting

• Profile photo of Dwight Eldred Jr.

Great idea. Thanks.

Profile photo of Abrant

To the person who had extra books. Just a suggestion. If you can’t find someone who wants the books. Donate them to a library. That way more people can enjoy them.

Profile photo of A Kovacs

Yeah, sorry about the PM thing. We had to disable it to prevent the recent spamming to PM!

Profile photo of sadock

@kuaika Yes, I’m still interested, but this site will not let me PM you. Please email me direct (myfirstname) at scottsigler period com
    and I’ll send you my snail mail address. Thanks much – Arioch

Profile photo of Dwight Eldred Jr.

@sadock Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Are you still interested in a book? I don’t what it will cost to ship. Can’t imagine it being more than a few bucks. If you still want one PM me your info.

Profile photo of sadock

@kuaika I’d love to have one of the paperback copies of Alive. I’m happy to pay the shipping costs if that’s the issue.

Profile photo of Dwight Eldred Jr.

I received three free copies of Alive paperback and one free copy of Alight hardcover from the publisher. I realized after that I don’t have anyone to give them to. I can’t use physical books, I’m disabled and can’t manipulate thm. So I only read Kindle books and listen to audio books.

Anyway, does anyone want them? I’m not quite sure how to get them to you though. I’d much rather them go to a fellow junkie than in the trash. I’m sure Scott would too.

Profile photo of Rich Evanko

I finished reading Alive and I have to say it’s diferent from anything the FDO has written.
    I have some questions but they may be spoilers and there’s a request in the back about giving away the story and I wouldn’t want to “spoil” it for the rest of you all.
    Anyway it was a great and very fast read.
    I believe Scott said at one point he was trying to get younger readers interested and this one delivers.

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

@Rich

I always listen and haven’t read any of my books!

Kind Regards – Neil

I am sooo looking forward to it!
    This will be the first FDO book I’ve read before listening to.
    Maybe I ‘ll get it in time for the Brooklyn date.

Profile photo of sadock

Congratulations, @Rich.

As far as I know, you’re the only Junkie who’s won one. Many folks purchased AREs early on before that got totally out of hand, but you’re the first I know of who’s gotten one via luck of the draw. Frakkin’ cherish that puppy, man.

Profile photo of scottsigler

@Rich SUPER MEGA MAXI AWESOME!

I just got an email from Goodreads:
    “You are one of our First Reads lucky winners! You will soon receive a free copy of Alive (The Generations Trilogy, #1) in the mail. Please allow a few weeks for shipping.”
    Super Mega Awesome!

Profile photo of sadock

If you’re a Junkie and also have a Goodreads account, you can help promote Alive by logging into that and voting up some of the 5-star reviews of Alive over there. All you have to do is find a few you want to vote for and hit the “like” button. Goodreads ranks/displays them by how many likes each review receives. At present, the top reviews are both 1-star.

Goodreads is a bit odd, though. It only shows you your friends reviews once you’re logged in. If you want to see an accurate representation of *all* the reviews, look at Alive when you’re logged out. You may also find some fellow readers with similar tastes worth being friends with. I know I did.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23278532-alive?

Profile photo of Muddy_Junkie

So Alive is coming out this summer. As I write this I am listing to the Girl On Guy podcast and Aisha Tyler mentioned she loves dystopian future fiction. So on that note, I was curious.

1.) Have you, FDO and A, found that going on other peoples Podcast shows help drive sales/pre-orders?
    2.) Are you, FDO and A, planning on any interview type marketing via blogs or podcasts or other sources?
    3.) My own $0.02 for possible podcasts I would love to hear you on either promoting Alive or just you plans to become Overlord of this big blue rock in space.
    – Girl on Guy
    – The Nerdist
    – Joe Rogan
    – The Chive
    – Kevin Pollack’s Chat Show

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.