This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of wmcduff wmcduff 2 years, 5 months ago.

A mistake in the book (THE ROOKIE)? * Spoiler Alert if you havent read/ listened to it*

On the silly nitpicking errors, while searching for player numbers, I ran across the following:

“At first he thought it was Pine, but the player wore number seven – Yitzhak’s number.” – The Rookie, Chapter 6, Arrival on Ionath

“A smiling brunette with her arms around two little boys, both dressed in miniature Krakens uniforms. Their numbers, of course, were both 14 – Yitzhak’s number.” – The Starter, Chapter 3, Pre-Season: Week Three

Of course, this isn’t a mistake at all, as Yitzhak changed numbers in the off-season, at the insistance of management, as that way all the fans in Ionath would want to buy new jerseys… *whistle*

<<closes eyes>> where is the back button.. ooh, that’s not a button Embarassed
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

We just got a new one and it isn’t hardly even broken in yet.
    One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

We put that intentional error in there just for you. Had you not found it by 3:42 pm Pacific Time on January 21, 2011, you would have been executed by the Assassins of Super Sigler. The ASSes had already booked tickets on Greyhound to head your way (ARealGirl loaded them up with Denny’s 15% off coupons, so they could get their grub on with the Grand Slam).

I am happy that you passed this test.

John, you are a fucking magician.

FOR REALZ: We’ll mark that note. We now store up 10 “tests” before we work on updating the eBook version.

is present in the ebook as well.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

My understanding is that all supposed errors have been corrected in the ebooks of both THE ROOKIE & THE STARTER. This is assuming that there was indeed a mistake. I concede nothing, you understand.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

the way you just pull shit out of a hat like that!

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

The one that Quentin was referring to with the missing leg? Yeah, that was after the first PNFL championship game. Different kid, different missing limb. Seems to be a common problem there on MICOVI. Shameful, really.

Quentin won his first PNFL championship at age 18 (see page 19). The events in the Rookie take place when he is 19, and just finishing up his second PNFL championship season.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

pointing it out. For a reward Im sure the FDO will kill you first when he takes over. Good luck with that!
[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

So I was reading The Rookie, and I noticed an inconsistency.

On page 35, Our beloved FDO wrote

“One of the boys, dressed in the blue tunic of a Church ward, was missing an arm.”

And later on in the book, where Quentin is marveling at how the Purist Nation’s hospitals aren’t as advanced as the sideline treatment of the football game, it says on page 171,

“Still, he thought of the boy back on Micovi, the one he’d given his jersey to after the PNFL championship. Would this kind of treatment have helped that boy? Would it have saved his LEG?”

Does anybody else notice this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.