This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Kate Cheevers Kate Cheevers 3 years, 2 months ago.

A huge thank you to DØM

Scott, A, Arioch, anyone I missed,

Thank you all for SiglerFest. It was an amazing experience to meet a fine group of people I’ve come to get to know over the last couple of years due to our fondess of quality writing and the crazy bastard who decided to introduce chicken scissors to quality writing.

I anxiously await SiglerFest ’12 and am more than willing to contribute ideas of insanity if need be to make the event last more than a day and a handful of hours.

DØM really knocked this one out of the park. That’s gotta be another first, courtesry of the FDØ: A celebration of the author and the author’s fans. Can’t remember the last time I heard of a StephenKingKon, or Tom ClancyPants throwing one out there for their fans.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Well said BigJohn……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

The glow of Siglerfest is still shining bright for me. Not only was it great to meet the people who I’ve become familiar with here on the forums but it was a neat way to geek out in the Siglerverse and get the inside track to the future of DOM.

::Junkie Hugs All Around::

And cool swag! Cool t-shirt (yeah, Pondy!), signed stuff, and best of all hanging in the bar with the Junkies, FDO, A (and Frankie!)
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

on Youtube BigJohn….thanks for sharing!

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Probably the best time I’ve had. You are the coolest group of people ever: junkies, Scott and A alike – I am so lucky to know you all! From Maeve too, a huge thanks. She felt so welcome and so much a part of the group and that meant a lot to both of us. That being said…I’d be happy to not bring her next year (Grown-up time FTW!)

Athanas already mentioned longer would be nice – my only other wish? More junkies!!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Could you convince someone else to come along to babysit for the evening fun stuff?

Everywhere I go, everyone just loves Maeve. She’s such a sweetheart…I don’t know where she gets it from! Innocent

Honestly though, I firmly believe anything is possible. Ooops, gotta run – some hunky billionaire just knocked on my door to whisk me away to paradise! (see what I mean – anything really is possible!!) No, really, we’ll just have to wait and see the timing and all the details. I’ll bet I make it work. Maeve and I are somewhat inseparable anyway and I do love that, but then too there are things one simply cannot do with a child around. And when she is there I’m a mom first and everything else comes second. Fun, but not the same kind of fun. I like to pretend the opportunity to let loose and be a little wild is still out there.

I love her to pieces, but I also enjoy time without her. I have this impression that couples with children can occasionally say “You take her for a while, I want to go out and do something.” It’s always been just Maeve and I; I’ve never had someone to say that to. More often than not I either take her with me or have to miss out. My dad retired and takes care of her while I’m at work (cheaper than day care and he still gets a little money coming in besides social security). I know he will always take her in a heartbeat, but I hate asking so much since he already sees her all the time. Anyway, way more history than you probably needed – we shall see what will be! Smile

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

On one hand, you want her to back to have as much fun as she had last time, but by the same token, it’s hard to do body shots when the kid is present.

and yes, there might be a new crack or two if the little cutie isn’t there next year, but I’m sure it can be mended with the aforementioned body shot. :-p

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

This could have never happened without you. It’s a special treat to be able to put faces to the pseudonyms/personalities I associate with on the boards. It was a pleasure to renew old acquaintances and begin some new ones. Thanks much for taking time out of your busy schedules to come “Dig the Sig” with us.

I can only make one person happy each day. Sorry, today’s not your day. Tomorrow’s not looking so good either.

Though it may require some of the aforementioned tequila to make it happen!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.