This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Amiko Amiko 5 years, 8 months ago.

2 Questions to Scott about Hatchlings

Problem solved.

I’ll get the book.

ging.  hhhmmm…

Ging

Ging, n. Same as Gang, n., 2. [Obs.] There is a knot, a ging, a pack, a conspiracy against me. –Shak.

Gang:

gang

1. a group or band: A gang of boys gathered around the winning pitcher.
    2. a group of youngsters or adolescents who associate closely, often exclusively, for social reasons, esp. such a group engaging in delinquent behavior.
    3. a group of people with compatible tastes or mutual interests who gather together for social reasons: I’m throwing a party for the gang I bowl with.
    4. a group of persons working together; squad; shift: a gang of laborers.
    5. a group of persons associated for some criminal or other antisocial purpose: a gang of thieves.
    6. a set of tools, electronic components or circuits, oars, etc., arranged to work together or simultaneously.
    7. a group of identical or related items.

–verb (used with object)

8. to arrange in groups or sets; form into a gang: to gang illustrations for more economical printing on one sheet.
    9. to attack in a gang.

–verb (used without object)

10. to form or act as a gang: Cutthroats who gang together hang together.

11. gang up on, Informal. (of a number of persons) to unite in opposition to (a person); combine against: The bigger boys ganged up on the smaller ones in the schoolyard.

Origin:
    1300–50; ME; OE gang, gong manner of going, way, passage; c. OHG gang, ON gangr, Goth gagg; cf. gang 2

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

S.H.I.T. Award Recipient and all-around uberjunkie! 

It’s explained more clearly in CONTAGIOUS (bad Junkie, BAD! for not having a copy!). There are extremely sharp mouth parts beneath the pyramid-shapped body that can cut through wood and bone. These silica and carbon mouth parts cut and ging, and a feed into a gizzard lined with more dense carbon grinding bits. They can take in any form of biomass and quickly convert it to growth material, or into gate material, depending on the need at that moment. How do the Hatchlings kill?

1. Biting: If they get those mouth parts on you, you are fucked. They will cut right through body armor, but Hatchlings aren’t stupid — they go for the soft spots.

2. Speed: They are very fast little buggers, and can close on you quickly if you are not prepared.

3. Tentacles are strong: Imagine fighting three sentient boa constrictors at once, that all work together to isolate arms and legs and/or expose throats. Bad news, my friend, bad news.

Dealing with the mundane in life makes me edgy…   But yes, there is more to them than you might initially think.  But don’t worry that they’re not that great at fighting…  That’s taken care of in Contagious… Get your copy as soon as you can.  it Rocks!

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

We have to be considerate of our foreign friends.  My guess is that in Estonia, you can’t just walk down to the bookstore and pick one up!!!! Tongue out  Although after Sigler rules the world, there will be one in every household!!!!!!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Not have a copy of Contagious?!?!?  They grow to be large and robust.  Once they grow they are stronger than you would think they are… the have a nice teeth filled mouth on their underside…   Get the book.  Read it.  You will understand!

Hi there.

I have a problem.

Two questions have been circling in my head for some time now and there is no other way to get them out other than get answers.

I hope Scott will answer, but others are welcome to comment too.

1. How do hatchlings feed after hatching? It was mentioned at the end of ‘Infected’ that some of them were quite large, so they have to keep growing after hatching.

2. How do hatchlings (‘workers’) killed marines (end of ‘Infected’/start of ‘Contagious’)? They only have a fragile triangle body and three tentacles. How does it kill a human soldier in combat gear, possibly in body armor. Any specific tactic?

As I see it, there are four possible explanations to my problem.

One: It has been mentioned in the books and I have missed it. –I try do disbelieve it.

Two: It will be explained in ‘Contagios’. –I dont have a book (yet).

Three: This info is missing from the book(s). –This would be a consequence of Scotts’ choice to let some fancy-pants editors to help him proofread ‘Contagious’ instead of allmighty junkie army. –There is a possibility for a redemption. All is not lost. Just answer the questions here and we will forgive You.

Four: Option Number Four. Dear I speak it? It’s scaring even to think about it. No, not that….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.