This topic contains 14 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of josh tyge swambo josh tyge swambo 6 years, 6 months ago.

2-5 Hours Downtime this Weekend

• Profile photo of josh tyge swambo

what’s wrong with a bit of senseless violence?

Profile photo of Gmork

As usual, You rock, Paul!!  Thanks for keeping the site healthy for us junkies :)

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

edit: i didnt
    Nate Dogg (#7 crackhits if SOMEONE doesn’t keep trying to pass me)… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Profile photo of CPK IrishmanFromOhio

The Irishman from Ohio

Profile photo of Paul Rogalinski

Actually… this is the best idea i have heard today. Let’s see what the fridge has do offer!

Cheers!

whenever I am done with the (alert, techtalk!) XEN Loop->LVM migration. I should be done in 1-2 hours. THEN I’ll be feelin’ good ;)

Cheers!

Paul.

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

Nate Dogg (#7 crackhits if SOMEONE doesn’t keep trying to pass me)… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Phew… it was SO Murphy! Took me >9 hours to get everything up and running again.

Cheers!

Paul.

P.S. Still restoring some backups, the site performance will get better once I’m done.

Profile photo of J.P.

it wasn’t chemically induced, and then there’s always Mrs. JP helping to ensure we don’t end up fielding a full sports team–well, you know… I think we’re OK, but will watch for the signs the TV says to watch out for! Ahh, the genuine concern of a fellow junkie. Much appreciated, bro! (Nate, go ask your Dad what we’re talking about. He’ll probably tell you in another few years.)

"Everything takes longer than it does." –Me

Profile photo of Doug Warren

The TV commercial I saw said that you you experience that much ‘up-time’ you should seek medical attention immediately. Ugh, I can feel the blood draining from my cranium already.

Profile photo of J.P.

A little down time is actually a good thing. When you announced we saw 100% up for the month on 1 May, all I could think about was, “dang, I had a month with 100% up time, and now I have a son. I sure love the little guy, but it wouldn’t be practical to have that happen too often…”

"Everything takes longer than it does." –Me

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

-in tech terms, downtime to clean out glitches and make upgrades and do fixes occur

no prob, my man
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of ogreoregon

Thanks in advance for all the work you will be doing for us.
    *I’m Rear Admiral but Sigler’s the BOSS*

Profile photo of Peter Braat

I wish you good luck 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

Hey Guys!

I have some maintenance work to do on the server where I host this site this weekend. Optimistic downtime would be about 2 hours, pessimistic according to Murphy – at least one day. My realistic forecast would be up to 5 hours. So prepare yourself and grab enough episodes to survive the weekend!

Cheers!
    Paul.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.