I've listened to quite a few of the Siglerverse stories now and honestly was expecting to like "Ancestor" a lot more than "Nocturnal" but oh, was I ever surprised. "Nocturnal" was hands down AMAZING and now I'll tell you why.
1. Fuckin' GROSS ass genetic mutants all over the place.
2. Groom's Walk.
3. The old man Errol Flynning all over San Francisco with a silver arrow, fuck yeah.
4. If you get hardons for superhero-origin-type-stories, "Nocturnal" will leave you with a rager that'll have you calling your pee-doc after 4 hours. Seriously. EVEN YOU, LADIES.
5. Pookie's characterisaton had me wondering for a bit if our beloved FDO was a bit of a 'phobe himself - but the epilogue with Pookie's comeuppance had me in silent gigglefits at my desk at work. This queer Junkie thanks you muchly for that, Scott.
6. Did I mention the Groom's Walk?
7. This story was a lot denser than some of the others I've listened to. More subplots, more minor characters that were quite satisfyingly rounded (Aggie and Tard, for starters.) I'd heard this was one of his earlier works, but damn if that was his early stuff then what are we in for???
All in all, FUCK YEAH to "Nocturnal" and MORE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEFDOPLEASE.