I don't mind; It's actually pretty easy to do. All you really need is liquid latex, scar wax and makeup.
1. put down a layer of liquid latex (you don't have to do this step, but it makes cleanup easier)
2. apply the scar wax, try to blend the wax out a fair bit, so that it sticks to your face a little better
3. seal the wax with a layer of latex
4. apply the makeup for the body and the tenticles
5. cover everything with the latex; also if you have the time, you can build up a few layers of latex to make it look like the tenticles are raised
That's pretty much it. The only other thing I can say is be careful with the latex; it gets everywhere and if it gets in your hair or facial hair it will hurt like hell every time you try to smile or speak