Okay, no one really seems to be doing much of anything with their crack hits besides accumulating them ad inifinitum, so I'm going to try an experiment. How about we place bets on the Parsec Awards for 2009? If your forgot the nominees, here's the list again:Best Speculative Fiction Story (Short Form):
- Best in Class by Jonathan C. Gillespie, Variant Frequencies - (5:1 payoff)
- Gestalt by J. C. Hutchins, Playing For Keeps - (2:1 payoff)
- The Goodbye Party by Christiana Ellis, 7th Son: Obsidian - (3:1 payoff)
- St. Darwin's Spirituals by D.K. Thompson, Variant Frequencies - (7:1 payoff)
- Under The Bed by Michael Natale, Variant Frequencies - (9:1 payoff)-------------------->WINNER!!!
- Eden by Phil Rossi - (3:1 payoff)
- The End of Flesh by Matt Wallace, Variant Frequencies - (4:1 payoff)
- Nemesis by Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff, 7th Son: Obsidian - (5:1 payoff)
- Pallas & Stan by Matt Wallace, Playing For Keeps - (2:1 payoff)
- Profit of Panamindorah Book3: Fire and Flood by Abigail Hilton - (15:1 payoff)
- Eusocial Networking by Scott Sigler (2:1 payoff) - added 8/02/2009 ------------------->WINNER!!!
- Contagious by Scott Sigler - (3:1 payoff)
- Double Share by Nathan Lowell - (4:1 payoff)
- FETIDUS - The Foundation for the Ethical Treatment of the Innocently Damned, Undead and Supernatural by James Durham - (13:1 payoff)-------------------->WINNER!!!
- Fractured Horizon by H.E. Roulo - (10:1 payoff)
- The Metamor City by Chris Lester - (2:1 payoff)
- Bloodcast, Season 2 - (6:1 payoff)
- Erotica a la carte - (2:1 payoff)
- NeoHooDoo Studio - (10:1 payoff)
- Pseudopod -(3:1 payoff)-------------------->WINNER!!!
- Variant Frequencies - (4:1 payoff)
So what I'm thinking is I will play banker for this, set up some odds, pretty much arbitrarily, and away we go! I do ask that no one place bets of more than 100 CHs since I'd rather not wind up with 0 CHs after this is all said and done.
We can settle accounts once everyone recovers from DragonCon. I know there are going to be a LOT of you there this year. And at least one of you (You know who you are) promised me they were bringing a camcorder. I still can't believe Scott won last year and the acceptance speech was lost in time. Sad Day :(
If this works out and it's fun, we can do it for all sorts of things. I've listed the odds in bold immediately after each title. Best of luck to everyone and hopefully this idea appeals to you.
Prøducer øf Døøm, Høst øf Tuesday Terrør, Funky Name Brutha, Retired Gutter Brethren & Tangential Tyke