Interesting sequence of events... possible novel, possible real world situation...
Some interesting Facts
- Texas Poultry Farm goes under, chicken cost rise not hugely but enough.
- Buffalo New York, could be argued to be the Chicken Wing Capital of the US has a serious shortage of Chicken Wings costs almost double.
- A few farms close to the US border in BC Canada get tagged for Avian Bird Flu H5N1 many birds have to be culled good or not just in case.
- We have a society that thrives on Capitalism, maybe some birds don't get culled, maybe they are sold in places where they might not care because the profits are just too good to pass up?
- Feb 1st is Superbowl Sunday, a HUGE Chicken Wing day if there ever is one, down at the bar watching the game with your buddies, bought by smaller outfits trying to save a few bucks make ends meet in these hard economic time.
Hmmm? Not as interesting as a Sigler novel but something that shares the same sort of themes me thinks. Total speculation mind you, but ya know very very possible at the same time.
PPS Current Human Mortality due to H5N1 Bird Flu is around 63%... ie more than half of all cases where a human caught this strain of influenza, died. This is 'worldwide' statistics mind you, places like Inodnesia and Vietnam having 100% of cases dying skewing the numbers, but still its a incredibly higher percentage mortality than the standard call in sick to work flu virus we all have come to know.