Allright, you lazy, good-for-nothing beatniks! Get out of that got, drop your linnen and stop your grinnin’!
• “Modern Day” including INFECTED, CONTAGIOUS, ANCESTOR, NOCTURNAL and anything I write that takes place in our current world
• “Crypt Era” for all the stories that take place about 500 years from now
• “GFL Era” for the stories that take place 700 years from now
1. At a glance, you can see the exact order of the stories. When new Junkies enter the Siglerverse, if they so choose they can read the entire GFL series in order.
2. Infinitely expandable: we can keep adding stories for decades, and the system will continue even after I’m dead and some other entity takes over the Siglerverse franchise.
1. What happens if I eventually add an era between “Modern” and “The Crypt?
2. Fifteen years from now, could get kludgy. Imagine ARealGirl and I find some great franchise characters in THE MVP that we want to develop with their own stories and/or series. Or, imagine Quentin’s detective Frederico is a breakout star with y’all, and we want to give him a series of books. As the stories pile up, we could see cumbersone names like THE DETECTIVE, Book 126.96.36.199 of the GFL Series (Siglerverse 188.8.131.52.4)
1. Shows clear order of the stories.
2. Ten characters max (4 for year, 2 for month, 2 for day, plus two decimals)
3. Infinitely expandable. We would have a limit of 365 possible products for each “year,” but we’d never hit that number, so we’d be able to drop new stories into the timeline whenever we like without multiple sequential decimals.
2. It might not be clear that things take place at the same time as other books, unless we put the full date range. For example THE REPORTER happens during THE ALL-PRO. Unless I put a full date range (beginning date, end date), it might not be clear that one story takes place during another. Not sure this matters as far as reading things in order, but it is a factor.